i30 Owners Club

What's my i30 equivalent to?

eXDee · 7 · 1644

Offline eXDee

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
Hey all,

I have a 2009 i30 CRDi FD, Elite model as it's known in New Zealand. But I was wondering after going through all the international variants, what it's equivalent to. For Aussie there's SL, SLX, SR, Premium, and for Europe there's Style, Comfort and others. Is it an exact equivalent of one of these, or a mash up of different things?

It's a wagon, or cw model as it's known in some markets. But it doesn't have the cw badge. It has i30, with Elite below it, and CRDI at the bottom. It's made in Korea and seems to have firm suspension where you feel the bumps, so i expect it shares tuning with the Aussie market.

I think it might be equivalent to the European Style or Australian SR models, but i'm not sure.

Notables that might help identify it:
-85kw/115hp Diesel Engine (no DPF, U series engine)
-Automatic 4 speed transmission
-17" alloys that look like this
-Full Leather Seats
-Fog Lights (no dipping adjustment of headlights though)
-Auto Headlights
-Auto wipers
-Auto dimming rear vision (no reversing camera)
-Reversing Sensors
-Cruise Control
-Climate Control
-Glovebox vent
-6 Disc CD changer, USB, iPod, no bluetooth (PA760?)
-Tweeters on Door/A pillar
-ESP
-Side Airbags
-Electric side mirror adjustment (but no auto folding)
-No roof rack or mounting points

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 09:57:44 by eXDee »
  • 2009 i30cw CRDi Elite

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The closest we got here (in Australia) was a CW Sportswagon. The Specs of the Sportswagon are very close to your vehicle, except the Sportswagon only came as a 2.0 petrol. The highest level of spec we got in the diesel was SLX which only had Cloth trim and less flash alloys..

:link: AustralianCar.Reviews: #1 for Reviews and Used Car Valuations

:link: 2009 Hyundai i30cw Wagon Review

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Hyundai-i30-2010/SSE-AD-845728/?Cr=6
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Yeah, call it a CW Elite for want of a better name. :lol: :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
I'm in NZ at the moment, your Elite is definitely a cross between the SLX and SR.

SLX has the Diesel motor
SR has the 17" wheels and leather

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline eXDee

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
Well that's rather cool, it's a relatively uncommon vehicle then! At least compared to some parts of the world.

Side note, our government agency, the NZTA, that does vehicle registration mucked up a bunch of model classifications for the FD, so unfortunately here's a whole bunch of vehicles where it's registered as and sold by second hand dealerships as an Elite model, even though it's the base with cloth and 15" rims. Dilutes the market and makes it harder to find vehicles like this one.

Not all elites here have cruise control, so I think there's some options within this variant.

I also recall seeing on one NZ based review site saying that all models including the base get ESP, but I understand that isn't necessarily the case in other countries?

I want to get a parcel shelf as the previous owner had the Hyundai luggage cage installed in the back, but did not have the parcel shelf that they took out when that was installed.

Also I wouldn't mind finding roof rails at a wreckers and attaching them - I believe rails became standard from 2011 onwards - but I understand that with the cw it's not easy to do. Probably not easy to get ahold of either.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 13:32:34 by eXDee »
  • 2009 i30cw CRDi Elite

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
It's the import agency in each country that decides what equipment is in each trim.
Here the FD came as Classic, Classic+ and Comfort, later a Style was added and a bunch of special editions.

The GD came as Comfort, Style and Premium and again a bunch of special editions.

Now the new PD is offered as Life, Life+, Trend and Premium...  :P
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Well that's rather cool, it's a relatively uncommon vehicle then! At least compared to some parts of the world.

Not all elites here have cruise control, so I think there's some options within this variant.

Cruise wasn't available on Diesel models straight away. It was around 12 to 18 months before that became standard on the diesel.

Also I wouldn't mind finding roof rails at a wreckers and attaching them - I believe rails became standard from 2011 onwards - but I understand that with the cw it's not easy to do. Probably not easy to get ahold of either.

That's interesting. pretty sure all Aussie CWs came with roof rails they changed them from Black to silver from the MY11 model I think.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal