i30 Owners Club

Problem Replacing Interior Door Handle.

Offline Nathan94

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Hey guys,
I recently replaced my interior door handle on the passenger side of my 2009 i30. It was easy enough thanks to a few threads on here and a workshop manual.
The only problem I have is the locking latch doesn't quite pull flat when the doors are locked. It does manually go all the way flat like the other handles but if I do that it doesn't unlocked properly. It does lock and unlock as normal if start it unlocked and then just let it do its thing.
Seems to me the cable that connects the locking latch to the central locking controller has been stretched or loosened slightly.
Is it possible to tighten the cable at all or does the cable need replacing completely?
I haven't taken the inner-door apart to get to the central locking controller because looking at it it seemed like I needed to dismantle a lot to get to it.
Anyone else had similar problems?

• 2009 i30 SR

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I guess first thing would be to get in there and have a look. maybe the cable is not installed correctly or fully seated in the retainer.

otherwise I doubt much can be done as there's no adjustment anywhere that I know of.

This is some images of the LF assembly. Latch assembly is 81310-2L070

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Nathan94

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Thanks for the advice.

I'll need to take it off again and have a closer look. I did spend a little while trying to work out what was causing it but I just couldn't work it out. Thats why it seemed to me like the cable must of stretched slightly.

I was running out of light last time. What was meant to be like a 1 hour job turned into a 2 hour one. I'll give it another look over.
  • 2009 i30 SR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal