i30 Owners Club

I30 FD non bluetooth to bluetooth

Offline I30lamb

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

• 2008 hyundai i30 FD 1.6crdi

So i went to the wreckers and got a bluetooth radio out of a 2011 FD as mine is a 2008 FD with no bluetooth and they said they didnt know if the vin written on it was right and wanted $180 so i offered $50 and said if vins wrong than how do i unlock it. Bit the bullet and they took $50. I installed it (everything plugged and fitted perfect) and entered code using last 4 didgits of serial code on radio plus 1212 and it worked, everything works normal and now i have a bluetooth radio and also apple usb cord plugged into the usb port in centre console charges and lets me play music to head unit. Win win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2008 hyundai i30 crdi

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline I30lamb

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

• 2008 hyundai i30 FD 1.6crdi
Yeah very happy, currently working on my custom led tail lights for the FD, should be finished tomorrow afternoon or friday morning, will post photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2008 hyundai i30 crdi

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Only paid $10 for mine, LOL + postage

On a hot day check the LCD display. Found out why mine was so cheap. It gets affected by heat and fades, hard to read, also my polarised glasses black out the display otherwise it work fine and fine at  night to view.Better than the factory add on bluetooth kit
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Well done I30Lamb.. Look forward to seeing that other mod.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria

On a hot day check the LCD display. Found out why mine was so cheap. It gets affected by heat and fades, hard to read, also my polarised glasses black out the display otherwise it work fine and fine at  night to view.Better than the factory add on bluetooth kit
Nip, they're​ all like that. Bought one from a wrecker for $200 back in the day, then got it replaced by Cartronics with a brand new one that also does the same thing on hot days.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline panthersteve

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich, Qld

Nip, they're​ all like that. Bought one from a wrecker for $200 back in the day, then got it replaced by Cartronics with a brand new one that also does the same thing on hot days.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not all of them do this, mine doesn't (touch wood)  :head_butt:
  • 2010 SLX I30 Diesel Hatchback in Black

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal