i30 Owners Club

Bluetooth Music Autoplay

stucuk · 7 · 2314

Offline stucuk

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Oxfordshire
Hi,
I have an i30 SE CRDi and I have connected my iPhone 7 to this via Bluetooth and all works fine - except for one very annoying 'feature'.  Whenever I start the car it always starts the music on my iPhone straightaway.  Now there is no way of turning this off on the iPhone, I've checked, so can it be done from the other end?  Can the i30 be configured to not autoplay music on Bluetooth connection?
Thanks.
  • i30 SE CRDi Blue Drive 2017

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Turn the stereo over to radio, when you start the car next radio will come on instead of Bluetooth music :)

Offline stucuk

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Oxfordshire
Yeah - but I don't want anything to play!  :-)
Plus I don't really want to have to do anything in reality ...
  • i30 SE CRDi Blue Drive 2017

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Turn the stereo off altogether then :rolleyes:

you'll obviously have to do something yourself, as smart as electronics are these days they still cant read your mind :whistler:

Offline cleid

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
What year? My 2013 will automatically connect but not start playing. It could also be an Apple thing, I'm on Android.
  • 2013 i30 Tourer 1.6 CRDi 128PS (6spd auto)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
As craig says, switch to radio or usb or something and turn the volume down. That is what I do in my car ( not a Hyundai)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline trevor

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Whenever I start up my car, the radio/music starts up automatically... I haven't found a way around it other than setting the "start up volume" to 0, which means no sound is played when the car is turned on, but the radio is still technically "on".

I think that would be your best bet, if you do have such a setting... some cars call it Ignition Volume or... start up volume? I found the setting by going through my "Sound" settings by pressing the left knob on my i30.

Hope that helps!

Trevor
  • i30 2016 Active X GD4 Series 2 Update 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8L, Manual, White

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal