i30 Owners Club

Ripe old age of 75

John B · 8 · 1633

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Found out today that I really am an old fart. Parked the car in a car park today and when I got back to the car there was a car parked next to mine on the left side facing the same way. As I went to get in the car a woman approached to get in her car on the drivers side , being the gentleman I am I let her go first and then I got in my car. Surprise surprise I had no steering wheel. Cracking up laughing I got out and walked around to the drivers side.  :-[  :rofl:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Good job you didn't get into her car.... :wacko:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I have a mate in Wales who's a surfer. He bought a new car 11 months ago and has been using a specially designed waterproof bag to hold his remote central locking key on a cord around his neck when he goes surfing.
He found out today there is a key operated door lock, but it's on the passenger side.  :crazy1:
And he's only half your age.

Just to explain that a bit further, us surfers normally get a non transponder key cut and hide the electronic key in the car, use the blank key to lock the door and carry that key around our neck or in a pocket which all wetsuits come with.
Because he "didn't have" a key hole in his door, he couldn't do that.

Think he owns a Renault so I'm guessing the Froggies saved a bit of money in the right hand drive conversion.

Anyway, don't feel too bad.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm having some scary memory moments John, and i'm only 60!  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Which reminds me of when we were in our early 20s and went to a town near Canberra for a national Renault car clubs meeting.

I had a blue R12 and a good mate came with me. One afternoon we competed in an observation run. At one point my mate who was navigating had to get out and run about 400 yards to get some information off a sign. We were in a little cul de sac and there were about a dozen cars in there at any one time.
My mate came racing back, jumped in the car, pulling on his seat belt and yelling, "Go! Go!".
Then he looked up and some strange woman he'd never seen before was looking weirdly at him.
Same model, same colour, wrong state rego.

Meanwhile I was having trouble not to fall out of my car laughing.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

The funny thing is Alan I should have just got into my car and made out I was a passenger waiting for the driver until she had drove off,  seeing I was laughing so much I owned up that I got  in the wrong side. Made her day though, she joined in laughing with me. :D
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Which reminds me of when we were in our early 20s and went to a town near Canberra for a national Renault car clubs meeting.

I had a blue R12 and a good mate came with me. One afternoon we competed in an observation run. At one point my mate who was navigating had to get out and run about 400 yards to get some information off a sign. We were in a little cul de sac and there were about a dozen cars in there at any one time.
My mate came racing back, jumped in the car, pulling on his seat belt and yelling, "Go! Go!".
Then he looked up and some strange woman he'd never seen before was looking weirdly at him.

:rofl: Similar thing happened to the Mrs .I pulled up to the petrol pumps and filled up the tank then the wife hopped out to pay. I decide to put some air in the tyres and pulled over to the  air hose, I look around to see the wife jump into the passenger side of  a similar coloured car but a different make. Took her all of a minute to realise she was in the wrong car and I was not about to run over and tell her ( I know cruel bugger )  :rofl:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

:rofl: Similar thing happened to the Mrs .I pulled up to the petrol pumps and filled up the tank then the wife hopped out to pay. I decide to put some air in the tyres and pulled over to the  air hose, I look around to see the wife jump into the passenger side of  a similar coloured car but a different make. Took her all of a minute to realise she was in the wrong car and I was not about to run over and tell her ( I know cruel bugger )  :rofl:

2 good stories there!  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal