i30 Owners Club

PD SR Premium (1.6 TGDI 7 Speed DCT)

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
So far, we've done 707km with the reported fuel consumption of 6.51/100km.  That includes mostly highway driving with two trips to Adelaide down the freeway and return.  We haven't been flogging it and as the manual suggests, we've been varying the speed.

I filled up today (ULP) and was surprised at the price ($1.049 per litre) at Mt Barker, SA.

Today's drive was 289km at a recorded average of 6.1l/100km.

After refuelling, I drove down the freeway to Adelaide for an appointment, then back up the freeway, then home.  The average after refuelling when I arrived home was 5.6l/100km.

Bob
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:17:03 by NayuluTjuta »
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Bloody flat roads! Not fair, you always get better economy than me! :pout:

We are paying around 1.30 here, and that is after 6c RACT discount at United!

But, seriously Bob, good on you. Sounds like you are going to be another happy SR owner. :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
Dazzler, I'm not expecting those figures if we drive at 100-110kph consistently.  Today was my first long drive as Sue is very possessive of her SR.  It was a joy to drive.  Pleased we got the SR with independent rear suspension.  It's very settled.  Tried it on a corner with a bump that would unsettle the GD and kick it sideways momentarily.  The SR stayed on line and settled quickly.

Bob
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yes, they are great to drive. I was a bit worried I might get a little bit of buyer's remorse after having something as nice as a top of the range Calais. It says a lot for the SR that it is filling the Calais's shoes admirably. :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@NayuluTjuta

Hi Bob, hopefully you don't mind me piggybacking off your economy thread. For the record ours is the same as Bobs Premium mechanically. Same 150 KW Turbo Petrol engine, but without the Sunroof and heated seats etc...

We did our first long drive today (over 250 kilometres of mainly highway driving at speeds up to an indicated 115 kph) and trip computer says 6.7 L/100 kms for my 1.6 Turbo Petrol. Regular town driving gives low to mid 8's. Average for 2100 kms driven to date reported at right on 7.5 L/100 kms (the official advertised average figure)

I haven't done any brim to brim calculations yet. Just relying on the trip computer so far.

Tasmania is generally a lot hillier than where Bob lives in South Australia. He used to get much better economy (around 1 litre per 100 kilometres) better than us when we both had similar FD diesel i30s.

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
Those results sound impressive @Dazzler. We're sitting an average 6.6 lph reported.  Now that we've had the first service and 2000km will be up today, I'm sure we'll be driving with more zest and the figures will change.  Once Sue drives it more than me, I'm sure the fuel consumption figures will be higher. 

The SR sure is fun to drive.
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Did another good drive today on some winding roads with friends aboard. Think she handles better than the Calais, which says a lot! Yes, a delight to drive!

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
Went to Murray Bridge today and sat on the speed limit the whole way.  The fuel consumption recorded by the trip computer was 7.2lph. I was happy with that. 

Sue drove home on the return trip after filling up the tank and sat on 102kph on the open road.  The trip computer registered 6.1lph on the return trip. 

I was very happy with this result.  Looks like I have to eat my words about Sue's driving.

Incidentally, AutoLink reported an Eco driving score of 86/100, ranking today's drive as 3rd and in the top 2%.

Anyone else using AutoLink?

Overall, for the month it scores OurI30 81/100 with a ranking of 22 and in the top 4%.
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Went to Murray Bridge today and sat on the speed limit the whole way.  The fuel consumption recorded by the trip computer was 7.2lph. I was happy with that. 

Sue drove home on the return trip after filling up the tank and sat on 102kph on the open road.  The trip computer registered 6.1lph on the return trip. 

I was very happy with this result.  Looks like I have to eat my words about Sue's driving.

Incidentally, AutoLink reported an Eco driving score of 86/100, ranking today's drive as 3rd and in the top 2%.

Anyone else using AutoLink?

Overall, for the month it scores OurI30 81/100 with a ranking of 22 and in the top 4%.

Yes Bob, We use Auto link. I didn't know about the Eco Driving Stats!

Just checked.

For today 85/199 Rank 7th (top 4 %) My fuel efficiency = good

For this week 83/100  Rank 12th (top 4%)  Fuel efficiency = good

Monthly 79/100 Rank 52 (top 10%) Fuel efficiency = good

Fuel economy for today was reading 7.3 L/100kms Hobart to Perth (approx 200kms with me driving at up to 115 kph indicated)

Trish drove Perth to home (approx another 100kms @ approx 105 kph) and it dropped to 7.1 L/100kms...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:44:23 by Dazzler »

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Autolink ? ?
Please explain.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
@mickd,

The PD came with an ODBII adapter and Bluetooth device.  The dealer fitted the device set up our account for us.  After downloading a free App and linking to the device, we get all this data feedback.  Also, if you allow it, Hyundai Australia is watching you.

What Dazzler and I are referring to is comparative data that comes from the AutoLink users that have set up the device and software on their smartphones.

Some owners have reported that the device was found in their glove box.

That's a short summary

Bob
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yes, mine was in the glovebox with an instruction booklet. Pretty easy to set up.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Thanks 👍👍
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
When we were at the Sydney Launch back in April, they gave a brief overview of Autolink.

Apparently initially only local connection - bluetooth by owner or service guys.

There are future plans to fit a SIM card into the until so it can communicate directly with Hyundai.
You break down in outback, initiate conact with H & they can diagnose the problem & provide a solution.
Also if you have a prang, it can generate an emergency alert & have your position.
Probably lots of other useful features available coming in the future as long as you don't mind your car dobbing you in.
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

When we were at the Sydney Launch back in April, they gave a brief overview of Autolink.

Apparently initially only local connection - bluetooth by owner or service guys.

There are future plans to fit a SIM card into the until so it can communicate directly with Hyundai.
You break down in outback, initiate conact with H & they can diagnose the problem & provide a solution.
Also if you have a prang, it can generate an emergency alert & have your position.
Probably lots of other useful features available coming in the future as long as you don't mind your car dobbing you in.

Thanks for that Neville sounds great. They already sent me a survey rating it and asking for ways to improve it.

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
Today we went for a sunny Sunday drive to Hahndorf and return, a round trip of  240km, some of it in the Adelaide Hills, but most of it on the open roads.  We used cruise control at 100kph when possible and otherwise drove to the speed limits.

The average consumption as reported by the trip computer was 6.1 lph

For those interested, Auto Link reported the following Eco driving stats:
Score 87/100
Rank 1 (Top 1%)
Fuel Consumption 15.83 litres

The fuel consumption calculated from the litres used and the distance travelled is 6.59 lph which differs from the trip computer figure.

Bob
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Well done on the #1 rating. We have quite a few 110 limit roads in Tassie and I've established my speedo reads 5km low, so I sit on either 112 or 114 kph on cruise if safe to do so. I doubt I'll ever be #1.

I must compare figures between auto link and the trip pc..

Offline eccu i30

• 2nd Gear
First 2000km , and a fuel consumption  5,16 l/100km. Model  PD  1.0T-GDI  Comfort + LED and Navigation Pack. Driving speed limit + 10 km, mostly with cruise control.  Not bad..   :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

First 2000km , and a fuel consumption  5,16 l/100km. Model  PD  1.0T-GDI  Comfort + LED and Navigation Pack. Driving speed limit + 10 km, mostly with cruise control.  Not bad..   :)

So another member who has upgraded to a new PD.  :goodjob: :happydance:

Any chance of some photos and a bit of a write-up in general discussion. I forgot they do a 1.0 turbo. Smallest engine we get in OZ (in the i30) is 1.6T.  :cool:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
so who has gone furthest on one full tank of fuel, before filling and how many livers to fill after the distance?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

so who has gone furthest on one full tank of fuel, before filling and how many livers to fill after the distance?

Lester would win that.. Oh hang on...

I think I know where you are coming from John.

The SR only has a 50 litre tank and the very best you could expect in ideal conditions (for a whole tank) is low 6's (which I'll never see in Tassie)

I'm guessing Bob might see 750 out of a tank occasionally (in ideal conditions) but if I get 700 I'll be more than happy.

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30

The SR only has a 50 litre tank and the very best you could expect in ideal conditions (for a whole tank) is low 6's (which I'll never see in Tassie)

I'm guessing Bob might see 750 out of a tank occasionally (in ideal conditions) but if I get 700 I'll be more than happy.

Don't know if I can accept the challenge as I'd need the car for a few long trips by myself.  Sue tends to want to do most of the driving.  I guess 750 is possible. We'll have to wait and see.

Bob
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:goodjob: :D

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
jazz sounds good, the ol fd crdi had a 52 liter tank.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

jazz sounds good, the ol fd crdi had a 52 liter tank.
Th independent rear suspension pinches a bit of room.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
dazz and bob , I think you also need to say what fuel your using. dazz has said he uses e10 I think with e10 could get less economy as ethanol runs at around 9 afr petrol runs at 13 to 15afr so ethanol uses more but at only 10 per cent would be minimal. dazz with a high torque at low rev turbo cancels out hills more if you drive right. rough road surfaces can also kill economy. I noticed when I road from cairns to Narooma the new roads a lot smoother than Queensland roads in general. we have had a lot of hot mix upgrades.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yes true John. I use e10 about 2/3 of the time. Only use 91 if no e10 available.  In my experience the difference in economy seems negligible. We have quite a bit of new coarse bitumen, hard to tell how much that effects economy. I'm pretty sure wet roads increase economy by adding to rolling resistance. The roads have been wet 4 out of 5 days since I've had the SR. Pretty happy to be averaging around 7.5 L/100kms. I know I'm only using the trip PC but I can kind of feel the slight difference in my hip pocket. I seem to be getting almost as much driving out of my 50 litre tank as I used to out of the Calais's 70 litre one. Only needing to find say $55 instead of $70 or $80. The benefit will be partly offset by the shorter service interval though..

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
@Lakes and @Dazzler, were using 91 exclusively at the moment.  Agree that wet roads do result in increased fuel usage, particularly sheet water.  Did reset the trip meter fuel accumulated usage figures at the last refill (it was sitting at 6.5 lph since new).  Sue has done most of the driving since then, but I'm off to Adelaide on Wednesday so will take note. 

Bob
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
do you know how many pound of boost the turbo runs at

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

do you know how many pound of boost the turbo runs at

No John. I wonder where we would find that out?

Don't think it actually says here?

:link: Hyundai Gamma engine - Wikipedia

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal