i30 Owners Club

Cheapest, Quickest GPS Mount Yet

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Who'd have thouht that with a little heat one of these could be turned into my most practical and elegant GPS mount yet? I love warm December evenings ... and thermoplastics, :D

ns
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Yes, I looked long and hard at those, even at $2.35 delivered free. :lol:
:link: Universal Magnetic Vehicle Car Air Vent Holder Mount Stand For Cell Phone GPS | eBay

I prefer the satisfaction of a nil cost solution with a little fun over the workbench. :D

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Yes, I looked long and hard at those, even at $2.35 delivered free. :lol:
:link: Universal Magnetic Vehicle Car Air Vent Holder Mount Stand For Cell Phone GPS | eBay

I prefer the satisfaction of a nil cost solution with a little fun over the workbench. :D

Hi Gonz,
You've got 40 of them so what else are you making,  or, are you going into business. 👍
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
You've got 40 of them so what else are you making,  or, are you going into business.
:lol: It only took one. The picture was from a random google search. If I'd bought a box it wouldn't be nil cost. :winker:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Oh, but it's not over, Mick. I'm enjoying the plastic terraforming way too much. I now created a GPS mount 2.0 out of one of these:

ns

I rounded out the hole with my dremmel to suit the ball mount receiver on the back of the GPS's OEM bracket, and then applied heat (the fun part) to make a 90 deg fold just above the hole, then slotted a clear piece into the slot seen at the top to create a hanging hook. This sits absolutely vertical, which reduces glare angle, precisely above the CD slot and freeing up the top pocket for conventional use.

Cost: still $0.00  :lol:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
 :goodjob2:  :goodjob:   :lol:  :victory:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal