i30 Owners Club

Car suddenly turns off at 70 mph

Offline naser_1998x

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester

• Hyundai i30 2011 CRDi Automatic
Hi guys, I know this irrelevant because 60 days, I drop a reply. BUT! Who ever had this problem this is what I learnt:
1- Ultimate Diesel is NOT Bio-Diesel (that's what I thought)
2- If this happen to you change your fuel filter! This helped me a lot: :link: i30 CRDi diesel fuel filter replacement - instroe. I wanted to take pictures but I was under stress of it not working.
Thanks for all the help guys!   
How long has the filter been in now and when was last shutdown?

My Dad persisted with his CRDi with this kind of issue. Never resolved by the dealer, so will be interesting to see how you go but his was at any speed it would randomly die and fire straight back up in a restart with no issues. :goodjob2:

It has been in there five days after I asked this question. Since then it has never shutdown on me. Has your dad changed his fuel filter? Did the problem still persist?
  • Hyundai i30

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi guys, I know this irrelevant because 60 days, I drop a reply. BUT! Who ever had this problem this is what I learnt:
1- Ultimate Diesel is NOT Bio-Diesel (that's what I thought)
2- If this happen to you change your fuel filter! This helped me a lot: :link: i30 CRDi diesel fuel filter replacement - instroe. I wanted to take pictures but I was under stress of it not working.
Thanks for all the help guys!   
How long has the filter been in now and when was last shutdown?

My Dad persisted with his CRDi with this kind of issue. Never resolved by the dealer, so will be interesting to see how you go but his was at any speed it would randomly die and fire straight back up in a restart with no issues. :goodjob2:

It has been in there five days after I asked this question. Since then it has never shutdown on me. Has your dad changed his fuel filter? Did the problem still persist?
Everything was changed including teh dealer caling a fuel pump but I checked and that was not. As far as I know, filters were cahnged , the filter / primer assembly, fuel tank was drained and cleaned.

And unfortunately in the end it may have been fixed but he decided he'd had too many instances he lost trust in the car which was a shame because at 140000Km it still was perfect and well maintained.

That's why I'm interested to see how you go
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline naser_1998x

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester

• Hyundai i30 2011 CRDi Automatic
Was the transmission oil/filter maintained properly?
  • Hyundai i30

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Well Gerard , was it?   :phone1: 
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I believe it had a fluid change but can't be sure, had no trans issues.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal