i30 Owners Club

Seat cooling

Blazorax · 26 · 19684

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Today, 40C - walking back to car from the office I said to myself.

Thank you to myself for buying I30 SR Premium so that I can wind down the windows via remote as I am still 20m away from the car to let all the hot air out.

Then, thank you to myself again for buying a car with seat cooling. 

Lastly,  thank you Hyundai for having these features in the I30 SR Prem :)

Sydney temperature today is just shockingly hot, now that I have those features, I will not go back to a car without anymore :crazy1: :crazy1:
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
We generally use sheepskin seat covers so I didn't bother with the Premium. Fortunately Devonport has a mostly temperate  climate. In hindsight taking all the features that I missed out on though, I probably should have gone the Prem.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

Thank you to myself for buying I30 SR Premium so that I can wind down the windows via remote as I am still 20m away from the car to let all the hot air out.

Sydney temperature today is just shockingly hot, now that I have those features, I will not go back to a car without anymore :crazy1: :crazy1:
:lol:
Yeah ,
we didn't think that much of it , until we tried it  :D heating is just as good on those zero mornings . 
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Sounds nice.

Those in the pleb packs just continue to be tough and thank God it is not the vinyl seats of their youth.....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Sounds nice.

Those in the pleb packs just continue to be tough and thank God it is not the vinyl seats of their youth.....
:rofl:  :rofl:
 said "remember how hot the black vinyl front bench seat in my HT got in summer? "  to  Anita the other day.  We are thankful.

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I remember the day when temp hovering around 38C, in my Renault 12 doing reverse parking with no aircond nor power steering.

Was sweating like crazy by the time I parked.  No wonder I am way slimmer then, :P

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I remember the day when temp hovering around 38C, in my Renault 12 doing reverse parking with no aircond nor power steering.

Was sweating like crazy by the time I parked.  No wonder I am way slimmer then, :P

Wow! Another thing in common! I had a 1.4 Renault 12 "Virage" Special with coduroy seats in 1978 to 1981

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 "Blue"

How do I get remote windows to work? I've tried holding down the unlock button and nothing happens, and can't find anything in the user manual. Is it only the PD2? I have a PD. But the seat cooling is starting to come in handy!
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt turbo DCT, Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Barbarulo

It is something the dealer can enable in the PD Prem.

There is a thread about it on here somewhere. 

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Barbarulo

:link: i30 PD "Convenience opening/closing function with remote - all windows"?

Cheers Thanh, so my hint wasn't too subtle..  :snigger:

I did over 15,000 steps today around various Perth shopping centres while avoiding the 40+ heat. I was too buggered when I got back to base to do a search..  :sweating:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
heheheh .. narrr it wasnt that, I just happened to remember that link since I still had it in my gmail when I used it to "enlighten" the sales +technicians about the functionality of the car that they all adamant it does not have.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Another thought, how do the heqating/cooling seats deal with a fart? I assume it is better distributed through the cabin than just firing it into the normal seats? But how does it compare to raising a cheek for example?  :whistler:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Another thought, how do the heqating/cooling seats deal with a fart? I assume it is better distributed through the cabin than just firing it into the normal seats? But how does it compare to raising a cheek for example?  :whistler:
@beerman
 :rofl: :rofl:
Just blows it straight up the back of the seats and out of the vents directly at the back seat .
No need to lift or lean just "fire !!"
Bet no one has asked a dealer that question  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 "Blue"
@beerman
Just blows it straight up the back of the seats and out of the vents directly at the back seat .

Serious matter. My wife works in aged care (she's an OT) and says farting deteriates wheelchair cushions. It's a problem for men in particular. I figure my drivers seat will need changing in about a year.
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt turbo DCT, Blue

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Those cushions must be made from biodegradable /compostable materials  :lol:

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Serious matter. My wife works in aged care (she's an OT) and says farting deteriates wheelchair cushions. It's a problem for men in particular. I figure my drivers seat will need changing in about a year.
me too  :whistler:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I don't know if I have mentioned this before...but it is a great yarn (and true) so will tell it again...

When asked about the worst job that he had ever done, an ageing upholsterer (who had been in the trade for many decades) once related the sad story to me of re-upholstering each seat in an old theatre. When he cut the old material in order to remove it he claimed that the residual flatus/solid material of decades of farts was released. Each chair became less tolerable to him.  :crazy2: I could see the pain on his face as he relived the story...

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
@beerman

Every woman would say that...however...and I am quoting my dearly-departed brother here:-
"Women fart more than men...it is a scientifically proven fact....it's because they have (in the main) thinner waists."

He would air this little pearl quite randomly. It always made me laugh. He has been gone for 4 years now...gees I miss him..

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Wow! Another thing in common! I had a 1.4 Renault 12 "Virage" Special with coduroy seats in 1978 to 1981
I bought mine in 1971.
Must admit I didn't notice the heavy steering, even in motorkhanas. But maybe that explains how I managed to upend it in reverse in a bitumen motorkhana once.  :-[
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@beerman

Every woman would say that...however...and I am quoting my dearly-departed brother here:-
"Women fart more than men...it is a scientifically proven fact....it's because they have (in the main) thinner waists."

He would air this little pearl quite randomly. It always made me laugh. He has been gone for 4 years now...gees I miss him..

I'd heard the opposite.  Women fart less because they can't keep their mouth shut long enough to build up pressure.  :snigger:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
There's  :offtopic:

Then there's......

OFF TOPIC
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
There's  :offtopic:

Then there's......

OFF TOPIC

I was thinking that after my last post , but then it veered off on a different tangent again   :lol: :lol:
Just went back to the start and re-read entire post,  got to laugh all over  again   :lol:  :rofl:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Agility, goes with the flow....  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal