i30 Owners Club

Rear Suspension Modifications

Offline captainchaveman

• 1st Gear
Hi Everyone,
I have an '08 1.6 SLX hatch which I use as my work vehicle. I'm in the field service game and have quite a bit of gear in the back so the car sits very low in the back. I would like to know if there are mods available such as air adjustable shocks etc that I can fit to set me on the level again?
Thanks in advance!.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Captain.. I can't recall anyone using Air Adjustable shocks on the site (But I am getting old and forgetful) I'm sure you will get some helpful suggestions if you are patient though.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline TrishCW

• 5th Gear
  • SWMBO at Dazzler's House

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• My little "GEM"

Offline Dannyboy

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest
This is the rear suspension. Sorry, can`t be changed...

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Hi Captain, welcome. i think your best bet would be to see a spring supplier like Kings Springs or similar ask if you could get a set of rear springs that could rase the rear. they have i30 springs listed .

Offline Rec01L

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Southern Highlands NSW
If you contact Dobson they will make springs custom for a good price ($300 a pair last time i had to have them done), so id suggest getting standard dimension rear springs, with standard height and Upping the spring rate, 6kg or so should do it.

The down side is our cars have a fair amount of rear shift when hitting bumps, and when unloaded heavier springs will make the rear more skittish

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
BUMP??

I know air suspension is possible, a lot of folk are now using it in the car scene, mainly VAG stuff. can be expensive, but just works on 'air bags', similar I guess to bus's etc. Can be costly. Seen a thing before which can be slotted in between the rear coils of the springs, designed for carrying loads, towing trailors etc.
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
HI man

Should get some Coils instead I am ;) I have also looked for AIR but you can get it custom made but it COSTs thousands! =(

Here is link to the coils i am geting
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BC-Racing-V1-VN-Series-Street-and-Circuit-Coilover-Kit-Hyundai-I30-/400315721555
glac

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :cool: :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline ryane

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney: Blue mountains
Here is a good link for some auxillary springs i was thinking about getting.

http://www.mad-tooling.com/en/suspension-systems/products/auxiliary-springs/

It was passed onto me by Asterix another member of the forum. I know they are not australian based but it might give you an idea of what to look at.

here is a link to asterix before and afters of installation. he tows a caravan so imagine they are good for extra weight.. Hope it helps

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=387.msg188601#msg188601

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal