Limp Home Mode

Mike SX · 213 · 178535

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
So do we now mark this as a result or do you wish to leave it a little while to carry out full consumer testing.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
So do we now mark this as a result or do you wish to leave it a little while to carry out full consumer testing.

Hmm, I didn't like to say, but since you asked, can you leave it a while please ?
Been, almost, this far before  :(
Hence the pictured walking stick, just in case :D

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
No probs.

Post when you feel confident it is sorted.

May be you can give an update say in a week or two
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

May be you can give an update say in a week or two

Ok, thanks, better leave it for at least a couple of weeks.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Now, maybe you can start to enjoy your car.  :Touch:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Hmm, I didn't like to say, but since you asked, can you leave it a while please ?
Been, almost, this far before  :(
Hence the pictured walking stick, just in case :D

Like your sense of humour Mike (amazing you still have one)  :eek:

Now for the matter of compensation!  :Yeah: Should be free servicing for the next 5 years!!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Unfortunately, of all the forum members I think you've had the longest running, most serious problem ever encountered and I wouldn't blame you from walking away from the brand. :'(

I know of one in South Africa... :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

During the past year, all these have been tried. When I have asked which codes were generated, I have been told "only historical", no fault code shown ! They return the car with the ECU "cleared" - as if the fault has been corrected!
This doesn't sound correct to me, it's obvious there has been a fault, so what is the point of recording it, unless it can point you in the correct direction.

Now for the matter of compensation! Should be free servicing for the next 5 years!!
Yes, I've had over 2 years of Hell, (& a useless car), and each time, upon collection of the car being constantly DISMISSED, ie. no discussion or friendly civility, I remember the first time, as it was yesterday; "Historical, reset codes", sign here, your car is parked over there...."

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
Your experience really does warrant some sort of quality goodwill gesture in my opinion, something like free servicing for the time you own the car would be nice...
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Perhaps a further communication with Hy head office, thanking them for their involvement and providing a solution to the problem.

Politely remind them that during the past 2 years, how you have been treated by the dealer service dept and if they want to restore faith in the brand, a special servicing arrangement should apply, as a form of compensation.

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Back into LIMP HOME MODE AGAIN.

Ok, managed to do nearly 50 miles, before it happened....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:52:52 by Mike SX »

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Too much, sell it. ----->

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Ok, managed to do nearly 50 miles, before it happened, (been in Hospital).
oh no, not again..

P.S. hope you are ok!

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

oh no, not again..

P.S. hope you are ok!

Yes, get fixed up, then A/H that car. No one deserves to be unhappy, especially as a result of a multi national company.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Hmm, that's sad.  :disapp:

Off course it's positive that Hy finally is taking action, but...

Don't you have some kind of consumer protection organisation in UK that can help you regarding legal advice and laws..?

Here we have a law that states that if the same fault is claimed and acknowledged 3 times within the warranty period, you're actually right to claim a new item.

Because of our high taxes on car here in DK there's a special about cars, but that's another story.

I don't know if it's only DK law or if it's EU law, but if EU, it might also apply for you in this case.

I think you've been more patient than can be expected, and I would be ready for the mental hospital if it was me.

I would contact HY UK again and claim a loan car, free of charge of course, until they've found out what's wrong. Tell them that you will not have your car back before they are sure the problem is fixed.
Make sure they have done at least 100 miles in your car before returning it, maybe let the head technician drive the car to work for a period to be absolutely sure the car is ok.

I would also let them know that if they can't do it right this time, you might find it necessary to contact BBC TV (or whatever) to have some progress.

I really hope you get a solution soon.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Don't you have some kind of consumer protection organisation in UK that can help you regarding legal advice and laws..?
I would also let them know that if they can't do it right this time, you might find it necessary to contact BBC TV
Yes, it's the Sale of Goods Act 1979 - Section 14.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:54:37 by Mike SX »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hope for you yet then Mike?

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Upon referring this problem to Hyundai (UK), they contacted the Dealership Service Manager, and arranged the modifications/assistance, and repeated the technical guidance directly to the Workshop Technician.

Such a pity that it was Incomplete & therefore INCORRECT :(
So following MY simple 2 minute investigation, they are carrying this out during October:-

http://www.dancar.dk/PDF/Macroexchange21.pdf

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Dazzler screams for compensation for his good forum friend mike :pout:

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Well, after 2 years owning a very unreliable vehicle & repeated Fob Offs caused, and frustrated by the ineptness of Hyundai (UK) GSW & Customer Support, (even now still insisting that they had no knowledge of this recall),  I had to persuade the Dealership to obtain the replacement wiring loom, and have now collected the vehicle.

Having completed a trouble free 500 miles, the driving is also much improved & fuel consumption has decreased.
This Cruise Control DOES NOT WAVER.
Early days, but looking good. :D

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Interphase,bet your as happy as a dog licking his balls,hope it all keeps going well for you,I know I whinge and moan about the servicing and cost Hy dish out,but they are such a good car(IMHO)again,hope your run of crappy unreliable motoring is over. :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Interphase,bet your as happy as a dog licking his balls,hope it all keeps going well for you,I know I whinge and moan about the servicing and cost Hy dish out,but they are such a good car(IMHO)again,hope your run of crappy unreliable motoring is over. :goodjob2: :goodjob:

:happydance:  :whsaid: Except for the balls bit...  :snigger:

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Interphase, bet your as happy .....hope it all keeps going well for you, I know I whinge and moan about the servicing and cost Hy dish out, but they are such a good car, (IMHO), again, hope your run of crappy unreliable motoring is over. :goodjob2: :goodjob:

I entirely agree with your comments, I really like this car, almost new too, 14200 miles, all thanks to Hy(UK)!!!!!
Every cloud has a .......
It seems that Alan Ho's postings about his inability to purchase an i30 in August 2010, with Cruise Control fitted, was so relevant to my problems - which Hy knew Dancar were working on, but did not register with them, or the Sales Teams - who had been advised not to fit them.
When I kept mentioning this to Hy - they kept denying it, but several different Dealership Sales Staff had repeatedly told me this.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Well, after 2 years owning a very unreliable vehicle & repeated Fob Offs caused, and frustrated by the ineptness of Hyundai (UK) GSW & Customer Support, (even now still insisting that they had no knowledge of this recall),  I had to persuade the Dealership to obtain the replacement wiring loom, and have now collected the vehicle.

Having completed a trouble free 500 miles, the driving is also much improved & fuel consumption has decreased.
This Cruise Control DOES NOT WAVER.
Early days, but looking good. :D

I really hope your troubles are over.   :sweating:

It's not good enough that you as a costumer have to find the solution...  :fum:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :Good_luck:

For you , Interphase.

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Thanks to you both, & to the Clubs assistance & continuous support.

My initial attraction in joining this Club was the enthusiasm for technical interaction, humour, & the underlying friendliness assisted by the common ownership of the brilliant i30.
Subsequently, this was fortunate, as I would not have reached a satisfactory conclusion, ie., discovering the reason for the implementation of Limp Home Mode. Hy (UK) offered no direct assistance or any clues, & had clearly "washed their hands" of the problem; they had become negative & patronising.

These 3 posts are so relevant, yet not so obvious at the time.:-

The inability of Alan Ho to purchase a 2010 i30, with Cruise Control, "suggesting" Technical Issues".
Surferdude suggesting that my c/c could be a Dealer, not Factory fitted, Hyundai Approved Accessory.
Shambles posting details of a reasonably priced OBD2, DTC meter.

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
It's so sad to see how incapable the dealers are sometimes to fix these problems. If there's no fault code, it means no fault to them. When they see a fault code, they can only replace a sensor or something, if it didn't help then they start stalling until you get tired of complaining. It should be so simple: if it's not the sensor or whatever lies at the end of wire, then it must be the wire itself.
  • 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline Foglefar

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Brisbane, Australia
I am having similar limp mode and stalling problems. See my recent post on 2010 i30 diesel stalls completely on the move other thread.
  • MY12 CRDi 1.6 CW SLX

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

I am having similar limp mode and stalling problems. See my recent post on 2010 i30 diesel stalls completely on the move other thread.
Having read your post, the cause of my vehicle's problem resulting in LHM is dissimilar, it regularly failed to start, yet never stalled.
However, any fault codes were always  reset by the Dealer with no explanations or code details.
I finally solved the problem using my own Scangauge indicating a known fault code.
I advised Hyundai (UK) & the Dealership, both who had failed, and were in denial for almost 2 years.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:55:30 by Winterfase »

Offline Foglefar

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Brisbane, Australia
I understand you were not stalling.

We have two issues: stalling and limp mode. The two are not necessarily related as I'm beginning to suspect. In fact the stalling began several weeks before the limp mode problem. The limp mode only started when I used CC for the first time. So while my initial thoughts were that the limp mode issue was an escalation of the stalling problem, after reading the beginning and ending of your loooong thread I am wondering if we are suffering from two unrelated problems.
  • MY12 CRDi 1.6 CW SLX

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal