Limp Home Mode

Mike SX · 213 · 178539

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
:disapp:

Boy I am, I've only managed 12560 miles in nearly 4 years, (and these include Limp Home Mode!), yet managed over 25000 in other vehicles.

Watch out for a new post:-

"Breaking for Spares"

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
:disapp:

Boy I am, I've only managed 12560 miles in nearly 4 years, (and these include Limp Home Mode!), yet managed over 25000 in other vehicles.

Watch out for a new post:-

"Breaking for Spares"

As i've said before, it is a real shame because you loved it early on .. and so many other diesel owners have had a great run.

With your other problems you must have killed a chinaman  :blubber:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

you must have killed a chinaman  :blubber:

Nope, not me, but next week I hope to "remove/disconnect" the Hyundai Approved Cruise Control, fitted new by the Dealership.

Since Surferdude on 28th May, mentioned they were different from Factory fitted, (no need to touch brake pedal to engage, etc), I now gather that my system has an independent CPU which is linked to the CAN Bus, maybe, (as in the addressable analogue systems), it can record the incorrect fault code; once before the fault code recorded inaccurately, low engine oil, accelerator position switch etc.

Although this is the 2nd Cruise Control unit fitted, maybe there could remain a software issue, and I wondered if anyone else had a problem with using this approved accessory on a diesel.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Although this is the 2nd Cruise Control unit fitted, maybe there could remain a software issue, and I wondered if anyone else had a problem with using this approved accessory on a diesel.

Could be the problem it did take a while for the i30 CRDi to come out with factory cruise ... :undecided:

Hope that solves all the issues  :fingers:

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Could be the problem it did take a while for the i30 CRDi to come out with factory cruise ... :undecided:

Thanks for this additional information - more evidence to my theory, it's a wonderful car that's not happy with the strapped on foreign bug biting it :D

We'll see on Monday 8th :)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Yep, I can verify that detail. I waited a full year to buy a CRDi with factory CC. :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Yep, I can verify that detail. I waited a full year to buy a CRDi with factory CC. :D

Looks like the theory is gaining some momentum.

What year/month was the delivery please ?

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Not sure but I drove it away late 09 as per the footer, perhaps Sept

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That sounds about right.. You must have got one of the first Diesels with factory cruise. We got a Feb '08 build (didn't want to wait any longer ..) and it was about 6 months later I heard they were coming out with factory cruise.. so August/Sep 2008

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Thanks, mine was also September 2009 !!!

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Thanks, mine was also September 2009 !!!
Jinx and Barleys! :happydance:

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Yet another unbelievable update.

As arranged Dealership disconnected the Cruise Control on 8th July, having carried out approx. 1000 miles with no problems, I informed them 10 days ago, that all had been ok.
They asked me whether "I really use c/c"! Yes, I said, now after 2 years and 18 return visits, losing a day each time, and the vehicle unusable for 10 months of the year, can you please FINALLY rectify this problem. They asked ME what to do! I said contact Hyundai, either update the software and/or replace the c/c unit, (again). Bring it in Wednesday 31st July they asked. I said if there are any problems let me know. No further contact from them whatsoever.
Took yet another day off, returned with the car, I asked them what they were going to do.
Just reconnect the c/c for me so I could use it, nothing else, but that's causing the faults, they looked at me blankly, and asked if I was really sure, as they had no idea - what a wind up.
They said that since Hyundai had replaced the c/c unit once there was nothing further they could do.
The New Vehicle Sales Manager will contact me tomorrow, they may give me a good trade in price against a new vehicle!!!!!!

Call this Hyundai Service ??????

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Yet another unbelievable update.

As arranged Dealership disconnected the Cruise Control on 8th July, having carried out approx. 1000 miles with no problems, I informed them 10 days ago, that all had been ok.
They asked me whether "I really use c/c"! Yes, I said, now after 2 years and 18 return visits, losing a day each time, and the vehicle unusable for 10 months of the year, can you please FINALLY rectify this problem. They asked ME what to do! I said contact Hyundai, either update the software and/or replace the c/c unit, (again). Bring it in Wednesday 31st July they asked. I said if there are any problems let me know. No further contact from them whatsoever.
Took yet another day off, returned with the car, I asked them what they were going to do.
Just reconnect the c/c for me so I could use it, nothing else, but that's causing the faults, they looked at me blankly, and asked if I was really sure, as they had no idea - what a wind up.
They said that since Hyundai had replaced the c/c unit once there was nothing further they could do.
The New Vehicle Sales Manager will contact me tomorrow, they may give me a good trade in price against a new vehicle!!!!!!

Call this Hyundai Service ??????

That is poor. 

Seems the dealerships the Undercover Boss programme featured are not just on off's.....

By chance, is the dealership any connection to "undercover Boss" programme?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

That is poor. 
Seems the dealerships the Undercover Boss programme featured are not just on off's.....
By chance, is the dealership any connection to "undercover Boss" programme?

No, Colchester, Essex

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
First, you need a different dealer, pronto, I wouldn't be going there at all.

Second, a huge complaint to Hy, but not to the dude on Undercover Boss, he's hopeless.

Very bad show, indeed.  :fum: :fum: :fum:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
Here in the UK, Hyundai are shown by the latest JD Power survey, to be crashing down the motor manufacturers league table for customer satisfaction with their dealerships. Now at 20th from 12th. Kia are bucking that trend rising to 10th from 17th.
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Here in the UK, Hyundai are shown by the latest JD Power survey, to be crashing down the motor manufacturers league table for customer satisfaction with their dealerships. Now at 20th from 12th. Kia are bucking that trend rising to 10th from 17th.

And that show would not have help customer confidence

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
95% of people that can do something, work for the 5% that know why

The fish smells from the head Keith, replace Hy senior management at HO 1st.  :fum:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

What is  a word that is beyond frustrating? (this is so crazy and disappointing to the max!)

I am half a world away and it makes my heart race!  :disapp: :fum: :fum:

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
If Hyundai management in Korea or wherever are REALLY serious about competing with current Premium brands on quality AND price, they simply cannot afford to do nothing.  Too many people with influence will be waiting to say "I told you so" if Hyundai fail. In the same Auto express this week, in reference to a used i20, it was stated that Hyundai are now holding firmer used residuals, good news used, but manufacturers make money on new cars.
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
At the risk of offending any other members  :agreed:

The Undercover Boss Show reflected badly on Hy UK management, who are of course directed by HY Korea Management, how far does this problem go.

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Today I checked under the bonnet, there is a two wire plug hanging loose near the fan, (it could easily get tangled), nothing in the "length" area to connect, no empty sockets seen at all, Dealership have no idea where it goes, just tie rapped it up............ Technician who disconnected c/c resigned that same week, 12th July.

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

So I asked New Vehicle Sales, "Why would you purchase, on a trade in, this faulty vehicle"

"Because we would not be under the influence of Hyundai, we would have to fix it pre resale, however long it took.
It's a totally different budget".

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
That's one way to commence a sale, I guess. But I think you need to loose this dealer. :fum:

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Following an email, 14 hours earlier to Hyundai Customer Services, I received a call from Hyundai assuring me that this problem will be resolved.

Subject: Hyundai - limp mode
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 14:17:15 +0000 

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

It was lovely to chat you to earlier, I sincerely hope xxxxx are able to resolve this matter for you once and for all and your faith in your i30 is restored.

I am sincerely sorry for the experiences you have had to date, they do not meet our standards. I hope we are able to rectify that.
To re-cap, xxxxxxxx, service advisor will be in touch as soon as xxxxxx, the warranty manager has submitted a request to replace your cruise control unit, to arrange a time for you to take your i30 in.

If, there is any issue, in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me on the number below or via this email address.

I very much look forward to hearing from you with good news and hope that xxxxxx is in contact with you shortly.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hyundai Customer Services

A final result ??????

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Hope it gets sorted but should never of got to this!

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
You have been extremely patient, glad someone is listening to you,,,,,, now, about compensation.  :exclaim:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:wts:

But I wouldn't be holding my breath for a fix or compensation. :disapp:

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

But I wouldn't be holding my breath for a fix..... :disapp:

Yep, a doubt if a fix is yet on the horizon; today the Dealership rang, a back track of Hyundai Service letter dated 2nd August, they are not going to replace the cruise control unit; Danny in Hyundai Technical says it is a Dealership fitting problem, and they will need the vehicle in for another 3 days to "look for a broken wire somewhere".

Booked in for August 20th, 21st & 22nd.

Whoever originally named this a  "Sticky Topic", certainly knew a thing or two........ :(

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Danny in Hyundai Technical says it is a Dealership fitting problem, and they will need the vehicle in for another 3 days to "look for a broken wire somewhere".

So not factory fitted.
Mine was and I've had no problems at all

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal