i30 Owners Club

Expensive Service...60,000km (48 month)

dammit · 6 · 4765

Offline dammit

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Surry Hills, NSW
I have an i30 (FD Trophy 2012 Hatch) Petrol 2.0L, the 4 year service is very pricey...it's just oil, oil filter, but added on is brake fluid change and fuel filter replacement....driving the price up to almost $500.

Trying to find a place in Sydney (preferably inner west area) that is going to be able to do this for cheaper, or does this seem ballpark the going rate?
  • i30 2012 Trophy

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Buy your filters on line and your oils on special. When they back these out your total costs will come down.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline dammit

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Surry Hills, NSW
and then go to a local mechanic and me supply the parts required? How much do you think I'm likely to save doing that? (is it worth the effort?)
  • i30 2012 Trophy

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You can still use the dealer or a local mechanic if you have one you trust that will do a proper log book service and stamp the book. With the savings on filters and oil on special you could save between $150 and $200. Some other members might like to post some good links for you or browse the appropriate sections on here for previous links posted and some idea of savings to be had.  Just realised that yours is the petrol model so probably not save quite as much because diesel fuel filter is much dearer (bigger savings to be had) than the petrol one...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
and then go to a local mechanic and me supply the parts required? How much do you think I'm likely to save doing that? (is it worth the effort?)
I get $70 knocked off the service cost at Hyundai for supplying my own oil and air filter.

You can get a lifetime K&N air filter which initially will cost more than the standard filter but it would have paid for itself by the second filter change, Shell Ultra full synthetic 5W-40 is available through Blackwoods stores for $44
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:42:14 by CraigB »

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Shouldn't be that much parts are only $75

:link: Genuine Hyundai I30 I30CW Petrol Filter AIR OIL Fuel FD 2 0L With TAX Invoice | eBay

Brake fluid in bulk is next to nothing....

You might be in for another surprise too, I just did the 75k on the Fd Diesel and had to replace the front pads (Though I got much more out of mine, and I don't let the wife forget it!!)

My 75k service (non Hyundai)

Pads and labor  $270
Repair Flat tyre  $25
Filter (genuine)  $26
Mobil one 0w40 $70
Total:                 $391

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal