i30 Owners Club

2015 1.6 crdi 136hp, vibration noise under hard acceleration

Offline vlad0609

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest and Brasov
Hi! My hyundai just started make a strange noise in 3rd gear on a hard acceleration. The vibration noise appears somewhere between 1800-2400rpm.
What this noise can be?
The care have 31.000km and it' s from ocomber 2015. I made the oil change at 30k and a mechanic told me that is normal. The sound is more noticeable every  day and is frustrating.
I started hear the sound somewhere at 28.000km
Today, at 31.000km I was going with 180km/h and when I break to 100(no hard break) i heard from 120 and 100(6th gear 2300-2000rpm) another strange noise and i think it comes from the same problem.
I want to know what can be. Here, in Romania, if I will go to the dealer he will tell me that the car is like new and it doesn't have any issues. Maybe if I will go to the dealer and tell him that the problem is from some parts he will repair it.
I know, this is sad Romania...
  • 2015 Hyundai i30 1.6crdi 136HP

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
It has to be something rotational, possible causes could be

• Drive belt, or pulleys
  • Gearbox shafts / bearings
  • Wheel balance
  • Alternator pulley

You could check the drive belt by reving the engine to the required revs in a garage and looking to see if there is any excess movement from the drive belt or pulleys.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 22:07:07 by Phil №❶ »
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Always frustrating when no fault found. Make sure it is documented with an email to the Dealer and Hyundai direct and then if it gets worse should be covered under warranty. :undecided:

By the way..  :welcumwagon:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline supaFlaj

• 2nd Gear

• si Slovenia
Hi vlad0609, I noticed the same behaviour on my 2013 i30 CRDi 1.6. Been to the dealer a year ago, but he couldn't hear or feel anything  :(. It is happenning now for more than a year and the car has 119kkm. Let us know if they find anything special.
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi '13 Travel Edition

Offline vlad0609

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest and Brasov
I was last week at the dealer and also he told me that the sound isn't very noticeable.  My car start making that sound at 28kkm and now I have 31kkm. Now the sound is more noticeable than at 28k. Also, after a long trip(200km) the sound is very loud. So the dealer told me to go at him after a long trip or to wait till 40kkm to see if the sound get worse.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I was last week at the dealer and also he told me that the sound isn't very noticeable.  My car start making that sound at 28kkm and now I have 31kkm. Now the sound is more noticeable than at 28k. Also, after a long trip(200km) the sound is very loud. So the dealer told me to go at him after a long trip or to wait till 40kkm to see if the sound get worse.

Try and get them to acknowledge your concerns in writing (email reply or something) so that it remains covered under warranty. Fortunately you should have plenty of warranty left if you keep your services by the book and up to date.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline supaFlaj

• 2nd Gear

• si Slovenia
Hi, I just got back my i30 yesterdey from clutch/oil seal replacement and the vibrations stopped. The clutch was oily and slippery, thats why also the vibrations occured. Do you have similar issues as I had them? More on this thread:

:link: Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi, 2013 Clutch problem?
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi '13 Travel Edition

Offline vlad0609

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest and Brasov
I don't have problems with the clutch, I have just the vibration sound. In city or when I use the car in city, the sound is very quiet. After 50 km of a trip the sound appears also at 50%-75% accelerations in 3rd gear

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Can you explain the noise a little more? Vibration noise is a little confusing term as vibration is something that can be felt. Can you feel this noise through steering or floor?
Can you guess what area noise is from? Is it engine, gearbox, front, back, left, right?
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline vlad0609

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Bucharest and Brasov
The sound is like phone vibation. You hear it.
And it comes from somewhere under the gear stick. In the third when i hear the sound and i push the gear stick with my hand in the third the sound is more easy

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
It could be the gear cables vibrating due to engine vibrations and then the cables slightly touch something interour.
Mine have similar sound and when I just put my hand on the gear knob it's gone.

Maybe adjustment of the gear cables can solve it..?
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal