Author Topic: Either good or bad (or both) news you'd like to share with us - part #2  (Read 2850 times)

• i30 CRDi 85 kW 2008
  • dk Denmark
    Sdr. Omme - DK
@xiziz You need bigger mud flaps..!   :snigger:
  • i30 CRDi 85 kW 5 Speed 2008

• Laughter is the Best Medicine...
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
Was that black at one stage? Good luck with the fuel issue. Hope no damage done!
  • 2014 Calais V & 2014 1.6 GDi Tourer (Prev had 2008  i30 CRDi & MY11 Petrol CW)

• Loco, most of the time!
  • au Australia
    Mos Eisley, South Australia
I'm sure you know how damaging water is to a Diesel engine. Best not to drive the vehicle until the fuel has been drained form the tank and replaced with new fuel. Your service station may be the culprit, try a new station.Also there will be mixed fuel at the injectors etc so that should be replaced too. You should put some fuel conditioner that cancels out water, should be available at reputable auto accessory shops.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)
    2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

• se Sweden
    Varmland, Sweden
Are there bigger mudflaps available? Don't think they would help that much on these here roads though, but maybe they would keep the mud off the windshield.

Must have been some bad fuel, first(and last) time I fill at that pump/station. Light stayed lit a while this morning until I hit an incline when the light went out, it then proceeded to fade in and out for a couple of km as I was acceding/descending hills until it stayed out. Going to pick up some diesel conditioner on the way home for god measure, but it seems to have rectified itself without any harm done. Filter has done what its supposed to do I assume.

Just a side note, the fuel filter is a pain to get to for being a serviceable item. Had to remove air box, battery and ECU(Or what I assume is the ECU, two big cables going in and no hoses). In retrospect I could probably have just opened the air box and still got the battery out, but I had so many dead flies and mosquitoes in it, I decided to pull it so I could tip em on the bonfire.

So lets keep our fingers crossed it stays out until its due to be replaced in 12000km.
  • i30 1.6CRDI 110hk M6 2014. Odo: 44477km Jan 2017.

• fi Finland
    Liperi
I think you should replace the fuel filter ASAP. At here it's included in every service (1 yr / 30k km), no matter how much less than that it's been since the last service. Generally any diesel fuel sold in Nordics is good quality, and the diesel bug is rare in our cold climate, but there's always a possibility of some water finding way to the tank (and water is what the diesel bug needs in order to grow).

The oversized mudflaps are available (however not much bigger than normal version). Check out this PDF document, page 25:
http://www.hyundai.fi/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/h_i30_5dr_3dr_wagon_accessories_brochure_21_01_2013_.pdf

Mudguard kit oversized, front and rear
Sturdy, extra-large mudguards provide enhanced protection from damage caused by stone chips, road debris or salt.
Front   A6461ADE10 (5dr + 3dr + Wagon)
Rear    A6461ADE30 (Wagon only)
  • 2013 GD i30 Wagon 1.6CRDi 128PS 6MT iNNOVATION Aqua Blue

• se Sweden
    Varmland, Sweden
Thanks @tohis

With mudflaps, I'm sure every extra cm counts! I will get a quote on them anyway. If the price is decent I'll have em fitted.

It is very odd that the filter is changed at 2y or 60k km here, when 1y 30k km seems standard elsewere, if anything it should be the same here as in finland! I will take a trip by the dealer and see what they say.

Im guessing either its accumulated water over the filters lifetime or a bad batch of fuel. Neither is farfetched.
  • i30 1.6CRDI 110hk M6 2014. Odo: 44477km Jan 2017.

• Aircraft technician
  • Author
  • ru Russian Federation
    Kolpino
  • Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
- Having spent the whole winter in a good health I caught cold in the beginning of spring  :scared:, right during my second night shift
+ some glasses of red wine may help I think)
+/- the works in my new home is in full swing: almost done with electrical routings; plumbing and heating is complete; ventilation is gonna be done during the weekend - so time for gas then)

• england England
    Manchester City centre
  • Curmudgeon

• Laughter is the Best Medicine...
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
Yep, hope it's not too bad Misha. Good about your place.
  • 2014 Calais V & 2014 1.6 GDi Tourer (Prev had 2008  i30 CRDi & MY11 Petrol CW)

anything