• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Was that black at one stage? Good luck with the fuel issue. Hope no damage done!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I'm sure you know how damaging water is to a Diesel engine. Best not to drive the vehicle until the fuel has been drained form the tank and replaced with new fuel. Your service station may be the culprit, try a new station.Also there will be mixed fuel at the injectors etc so that should be replaced too. You should put some fuel conditioner that cancels out water, should be available at reputable auto accessory shops.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Are there bigger mudflaps available? Don't think they would help that much on these here roads though, but maybe they would keep the mud off the windshield.

Must have been some bad fuel, first(and last) time I fill at that pump/station. Light stayed lit a while this morning until I hit an incline when the light went out, it then proceeded to fade in and out for a couple of km as I was acceding/descending hills until it stayed out. Going to pick up some diesel conditioner on the way home for god measure, but it seems to have rectified itself without any harm done. Filter has done what its supposed to do I assume.

Just a side note, the fuel filter is a pain to get to for being a serviceable item. Had to remove air box, battery and ECU(Or what I assume is the ECU, two big cables going in and no hoses). In retrospect I could probably have just opened the air box and still got the battery out, but I had so many dead flies and mosquitoes in it, I decided to pull it so I could tip em on the bonfire.

So lets keep our fingers crossed it stays out until its due to be replaced in 12000km.
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
I think you should replace the fuel filter ASAP. At here it's included in every service (1 yr / 30k km), no matter how much less than that it's been since the last service. Generally any diesel fuel sold in Nordics is good quality, and the diesel bug is rare in our cold climate, but there's always a possibility of some water finding way to the tank (and water is what the diesel bug needs in order to grow).

The oversized mudflaps are available (however not much bigger than normal version). Check out this PDF document, page 25:
http://www.hyundai.fi/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/h_i30_5dr_3dr_wagon_accessories_brochure_21_01_2013_.pdf

Mudguard kit oversized, front and rear
Sturdy, extra-large mudguards provide enhanced protection from damage caused by stone chips, road debris or salt.
Front   A6461ADE10 (5dr + 3dr + Wagon)
Rear    A6461ADE30 (Wagon only)
  • 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Thanks @tohis

With mudflaps, I'm sure every extra cm counts! I will get a quote on them anyway. If the price is decent I'll have em fitted.

It is very odd that the filter is changed at 2y or 60k km here, when 1y 30k km seems standard elsewere, if anything it should be the same here as in finland! I will take a trip by the dealer and see what they say.

Im guessing either its accumulated water over the filters lifetime or a bad batch of fuel. Neither is farfetched.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
- Having spent the whole winter in a good health I caught cold in the beginning of spring  :scared:, right during my second night shift
+ some glasses of red wine may help I think)
+/- the works in my new home is in full swing: almost done with electrical routings; plumbing and heating is complete; ventilation is gonna be done during the weekend - so time for gas then)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yep, hope it's not too bad Misha. Good about your place.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :topmegacool: or warm  :goodjob2:

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Had to order new wiperblades today, the originals lasted 52000 km and three years. Pretty decent. They still wipe okay, except a portion the large one. Right in front of my face where it got a 5cm tear during the last batch of under cooled rain that froze on impact with a then very cold windshield. The tear was not to bad to start with, but only gets longer the more I use the wipers, and now I've had enough of it, Swedish wipers for the Hyundai this time around.

Rolled the barbecue out of the garage today and grilled some pork. Must soon be time to switch over to summer tires!

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Had to order new wiperblades today, the originals lasted 52000 km and three years. Pretty decent. They still wipe okay, except a portion the large one. Right in front of my face where it got a 5cm tear during the last batch of under cooled rain that froze on impact with a then very cold windshield. The tear was not to bad to start with, but only gets longer the more I use the wipers, and now I've had enough of it, Swedish wipers for the Hyundai this time around.

Don't your wiper blades melt on to the hot glass where you are?   :Shocked:
  • Tertius the i30

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Mmmm...pork! :bbq1:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Got to change to summer tires today, as usual I did my brake service now too, still looking good on the pads and rotors, worn down at most 1mm since last fall. As last time, the expected reduction in road noise was a lot less than I hoped for, again. Might look into some sound deadening this summer.

When inspecting my winter tires, first thing all studs are flat as my chest, the tires are heavily worn, 3mm left on rears and 5mm on fronts. And I found this in one of the rears:
(click to show/hide)

At least now I know for sure where the annoying rotational sound have had all winter has come from, they have held 3kg tight and the whatever it is is worn as flat as the studs, so I guess its been an extra stud this year.

3mm is the limit for replacing them though, so no harm I guess, I drove them for 25000km, and the car only had 6400km when I bought it, so I can't imagine they did a lot before I got them (could be second hand already then though).

Oh @Shambles I washed it, just for you too!
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 19:32:15 by xiziz »

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Lol @xiziz - thanks for the gallery entry :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

xiziz
"Got to change to summer tires today"
I thought of changing to summer tires too, but today's weather made me change my mind - it snowed in the morning and the same weather is forecast to stay until next week :(
+ fortunately nobody I know was involved in the terrorist attack in metro (the second bomb was placed in the station where my girlfriend gets out to her work and thanks God it didn't blow up and was deactivated at last)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+ fortunately nobody I know was involved in the terrorist attack in metro (the second bomb was placed in the station where my girlfriend gets out to her work and thanks God it didn't blow up and was deactivated at last)

Glad your GF is safe mate. I didn't think you used the metro, but never thought about your G/F!  :sweating:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Glad your GF is safe mate. I didn't think you used the metro, but never thought about your G/F!  :sweating:
I do use metro time to time - it is the best way to get to the center.

Отправлено с моего GT-I9301I через Tapatalk

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
A nice aspect of my military career is that it can never be defined narrowly. It always brings something new and interesting.

Before attending Staff College in Indonesia, I spent a year learning the language, but I doubled down and sat the Spanish alongside my scheduled Indonesian exams.

The upshot is that I joined the accredited linguist community with both languages and now it looks as if my services are required to supervise and assess a couple of Navy members due to post to the Australian embassy in Madrid. Before they can begin their duties in January, they have to pass in-country assessments in November, so it looks like I'm their man.

Cool job, I think. :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
What a cunning stunt  :exclaim: :workitout:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
- Both H7 headlights blew during last week.
- After blood swet and tears I managed to change my spare bulps.
+ I bought the previous bulps 2 years ago (osram long life). They had 3 year warranty. Went to the shop today and I got new bulps for free. Eventhough I must admit that warranty on bulps is a little bit ridiculous. After all light bulps do wear when used...
- I was so happy for saving 20€ with the lights that I bought 50€ ratchet set :evil:
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
"bulp" is my new favourite word :D

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

How it should be spelled? Is it not light bulp?
It's bulb, but it is a weird little word even spelt the correct way...

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
Today I changed to the summer tyres. Ironically the weather went from sunshine to sleeting (partially melted snow falling) whilst doing the job, and just after finishing and then checking the pressures at the nearest gas station the sun reappeared. Sheesh... The weather has been unusually cold for the latter April, still having a bit of snow or sleet occasionally and freezing nights. Looks like Mr. Trump really managed to cancel the global warming problem!  :P I must be careful tomorrow morning when going into work.

These Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 winter tyres are in amazingly good condition after driving 4 winters with them. However those OEM Hankooks have only 3mm of tread left, so I need new ones pretty soon. The risk of hydroplaning increases a lot when the tread wears out to under 4mm.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 19:26:25 by tohis »
  • 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal