i30 Owners Club

Recommend a mechanic in Sydney?

Offline klyvenator

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
I recently bought  a 2015 Active X Auto petrol. Does anyone know a good mechanic/hyundai service centre in Sydney? ( preferably close to seven Hills but I'm willing to travel if they are good).
I'm looking for one to do logbook servicing, repairs etc. Looking for one that is knowledgeable/experienced with i30s and trustworthy. One that is not too expensive would be a bonus!
  • Hyundai i30 2010 Petrol 2.0 SX

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Otherwise your (not) fussy Only joking, I'm fussy too..
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:38:48 by Dazzler »
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline klyvenator

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW
Haha I don't mean to be fussy I just want someone good to take care of my car cause I'm not mechanically savvy :p. I've also heard horror stories of dealerships and mechanics who do unnecessary repairs/charge for nothing etc.
  • Hyundai i30 2010 Petrol 2.0 SX

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
I've been told i do alright, and i've been a member of this forum for a couple of years now so i recon i know a bit about the I30's even though i've never owned one.

Bit of a drive to Tamworth though   :whistler: :snigger:
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I recently bought  a 2015 Active X Auto petrol. Does anyone know a good mechanic/hyundai service centre in Sydney? ( preferably close to seven Hills but I'm willing to travel if they are good).
I'm looking for one to do logbook servicing, repairs etc. Looking for one that is knowledgeable/experienced with i30s and trustworthy. One that is not too expensive would be a bonus!
It's a bit of a problem because for some odd reason we have a lot of not very active members in the Sydney region. 
@ Lakes lives further south these days but he may still have some contacts up there if he sees this post.
Otherwise, is  this your first car, or if you've had one before,  how about giving your existing mechanic a go. Best to stay with someone you know.
Next option  is one I give in areas I'm not familiar with. (it's years since I lived in Sydney). I find that Repco Authorized Service Centres  are generally pretty good. Look for one in your area which doesn't look like a "hole in the wall" and have a talk to them. If you are happy with how they communicate and the premises and equipment look well maintained,  give them a go with a basic service first.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal