i30 Owners Club

I30 p0101 fault code

Offline daveybaby68

• 1st Gear
I have a i30 2.0 crdi, and the engine light is on. Read the code and come back with p0101 maf low votage bla bla bla. Im getting correct voltage to and from maf  so any  ideas? It has been remapped to 190 bhp but never had any issue until now
Any ideas appreciated
  • i30 premium 2.0crdi BOSE SOUNDSYSTEM

Offline diesel1984

• 3rd Gear
hi.

What voltage reading did you measured and on which wires? Did you measured with obd scanner or with multimeter? Did you measured with engine on or off?
  • 1.6crdi

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
It could be more than just voltage...

Potential causes for this trouble code may include:
  Dirty or contaminated mass air flow sensor
  Failed MAF sensor
  Intake air leaks
  MAF sensor electrical harness or wiring problem (open, shorted, frayed, poor connection, etc.)

:link: P0101 Trouble Code - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Range/Performance Problem
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Shambles has mentioned a dirty MAF. Clean it first. Clear the code and cross fingers :)
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline daveybaby68

• 1st Gear
measured using a multi meter, input signal 11.2v output fluctuates on revs which is normal. had a new mass replaced 2 weeks ago and still same fault, car drives fine just annoying engine light, I don't know if this is caused be the remap, im running stage 2 at the moment. maybe a trip a Hyundai to GDS the system might be my only hope..
  • i30 premium 2.0crdi BOSE SOUNDSYSTEM

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
From what you say the code coincides with the remap rather than the new Maff ; a later 'repair'. Logical starting point is the remap. Go back to that.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline diesel1984

• 3rd Gear
measured using a multi meter, input signal 11.2v output fluctuates on revs which is normal. had a new mass replaced 2 weeks ago and still same fault, car drives fine just annoying engine light, I don't know if this is caused be the remap, im running stage 2 at the moment. maybe a trip a Hyundai to GDS the system might be my only hope..

P01xx errors with low voltage are usually associated with poor grounding or poor connection either on maf sensor or in ECU.

This type of bosch maf sensors hardly go bad even in high mileage vehicles so cleaning them with probably wrong type of of cleaning fluid will destroy them.

Readings you should get on wiring harness connector:

Specification :
Terminal pin 1 : 11.5V~13.0V ( IG Power )
Terminal pin 4 : 4.8V~5.1V ( Sensor power )
  • 1.6crdi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal