i30 Owners Club

New Headphones

CraigB · 49 · 9082

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I've been looking into getting a new pair of headphones for a couple of months now in preparation for our trip and thought I'd narrowed it down to either the B&W P7 :link: B&W P7 review | What Hi-Fi? the Bose QC 35 :link: Bose QuietComfort 35 review | What Hi-Fi?, also looked at the B&W P9 signatures :link: B&W P9 Signature review | What Hi-Fi? but at $1400 :faint: they didn't sound any better than the p7's.

So went for a journey to JB's yesterday to weed my way though all the choices again and tried on a pair of the new Sony MDR 1000X :link: Sony MDR-1000X review | What Hi-Fi? talk about blowing the competition out of the water, these were absolutely amazing and have a few nice little features the others were lacking, JB's are asking $699 which was a little more than I was expecting for Sony but they had absolutely brilliant sound quality so I was ready get them when the better half tapped me on the shoulder and said we're going to Japan :workitout: thank god she showed up in time :DoubleKiss:

Did my research last night and the main Sony store in Tokyo is a 5 or 10 minute walk from our hotel and have the same headphones for $390AU :yahoo: I'll have to take Kamini out for a few extra nice dinners for saving me 300 smackers :)

Anyone want to buy a pair of Klipsch in ear's, used twice :link: Klipsch Image X10 review | What Hi-Fi?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Some scary prices there!

Why do the klipsch image x10 vary so much in price on ebay?

$100 to $1200!

:link: klipsch image x10 | eBay
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Holy crap :Shocked: they're certainly over inflated prices, whether it's import duties to those countries or they just want to rip people off I don't know, brand new they were $400 here when I bought them but they'll end up being sold for a mere pittance of their worth no doubt.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 09:39:15 by CraigB »

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Mine cost AU$12.00 and I thought they were expensive  :mrgreen:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah I've got some TDK noise cancelling ones... I thought long and hard before spending the $39.95!  :snigger:

Mind you, I wasn't always so tight. I also have some Samsung bluetooth rechargeables that cost $50!  :faint:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Yeah I've got some TDK noise cancelling ones... I thought long and hard before spending the $39.95!  :snigger:

Mind you, I wasn't always so tight. I also have some Samsung bluetooth rechargeables that cost $50!  :faint:
You're both as bad as Kamini :snigger: she doesn't spend more than $30 on a pair of headphones but she also destroys them in a few months and then has to buy another pair :disapp:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
£1 i paid and the sound quality are brill. Better than the £30 ones i bought many years ago...

https://www.poundworld.co.uk/dept/audio-accessories_d01922.htm
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Oh Lester! your poor ears :( are you tone deaf :undecided: :)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I thought we were talking about noise cancelling, not sound cancelling earphones. :crazy1: :rofl:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I thought we were talking about noise cancelling, not sound cancelling earphones. :crazy1: :rofl:

Yeah, I think Lester needs some sound counseling..... :evil:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Yeah, I think Lester needs some sound counseling..... :evil:
Behind the woodshed, free service. :crazy3: :lol:

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I noticed a good price for the Bose QC35's from VideoPro's eBay site.  If you use code "CYBER" you can get them for  $367.50 - silver and black versions 

:link: Bose QC35 Quiet Comfort Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones Silver 17817725453 | eBay

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
 Bought mine at Aldi for $40 . I hate to think what my Grandson paid for his headphones , he has a music production business and has just paid  $3700 for a mic, thats without all the cables or mic stand. :Shocked:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Bought mine at Aldi for $40 . I hate to think what my Grandson paid for his headphones , he has a music production business and has just paid  $3700 for a mic, thats without all the cables or mic stand. :Shocked:
Jeepers! :eek:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I noticed a good price for the Bose QC35's from VideoPro's eBay site.  If you use code "CYBER" you can get them for  $367.50 - silver and black versions 

:link: Bose QC35 Quiet Comfort Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones Silver 17817725453 | eBay
Yeah but the Bose don't have the dynamics and clarity of the Sony cans or some of the other features like being able to set noise cancelling to voice or just ambient so it'll cut out all ambient noise and still able to hear voice, or set to cut out all noise and you place your hand over the right cup to hear voice so I can chat to the pretty stewardess  :)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Quote from: CraigB link=topic=44121.msg425900#msg425900
... so I can chat to the pretty stewardess  :)
... while at the same time there's another lovely lady Kaminin your general direction. :whistler:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The Sky's the limit with audio...how about a pair of $56,000au Sennheiser Orpheus :link: Sennheiser Orpheus hands-on review | What Hi-Fi?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Quote from: CraigB link=topic=44121.msg425900#msg425900
... so I can chat to the pretty stewardess  :)
... while at the same time there's another lovely lady Kaminin your general direction. :whistler:
:D That's why I'll be talking the stewardess, Kamini will want me to get her a drink or something :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The Sky's the limit with audio...how about a pair of $56,000au Sennheiser Orpheus :link: Sennheiser Orpheus hands-on review | What Hi-Fi?

Gee I can think of a lot of nice cars I could buy for that amount!  :crazy1:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
This discussion had an equivalent back in the early eighties with enthusiasts spending far too much cash turning sub-optimal listening environments (living rooms, cars) into the perfect amphitheatre. :whistler:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Pioneer  model  ????, 60 bucks at jb's
Awesome,  big bass, big comfy pads that fit snugly for hours  :goodjob:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Might sell the house and buy some of those. :snigger:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
what is the best ear bud noise cancelling head gear??

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Ear buds usually will have a double seal ear plug for noise cancelling like in my pic, I find my Klipsch buds pretty much eliminate all noise on the single seal as they're super soft and seal extremely well but in a room of screaming children you might want the double seals :D

You can buy mine if you want John, not much if anything on the market that sound better than these babies, I need wireless for me which is why I'm selling them.

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Ear buds usually will have a double seal ear plug for noise cancelling like in my pic, I find my Klipsch buds pretty much eliminate all noise on the single seal as they're super soft and seal extremely well but in a room of screaming children you might want the double seals :D

You can buy mine if you want John, not much if anything on the market that sound better than these babies, I need wireless for me which is why I'm selling them.

are these noise isolating instead of noise cancelling?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yes noise isolating would be the correct term, they don't use the electronic NC feature your thinking of, if you use wired noise cancelling headphones on your phone or similar you'll drain ya phones battery in a matter of hours.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yes noise isolating would be the correct term, they don't use the electronic NC feature your thinking of, if you use wired noise cancelling headphones on your phone or similar you'll drain ya phones battery in a matter of hours.
My $40 TDK are noise cancelling.  They have a AAA battey in the controller between the ear buds and the 3.5 mm plug. They are heavy on batteries but do work quite well. Noise isolating might be a better alternative in the long run.

When you say you only used them twice Craig, was that once for 6 months and then a 2nd time for 4 months... (only joking...)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

House full of screaming kids you say? Maybe I should buy them...

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
When you say you only used them twice Craig, was that once for 6 months and then a 2nd time for 4 months... (only joking...)
Twice on the plane...there and back :)
House full of screaming kids you say? Maybe I should buy them...
:lol: they're going cheap :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal