i30 Owners Club

PLZ HELP!! Drivers window wont come up. i had it fully down now nothing??

Offline buston87

• 1st Gear

• ie Ireland, Republic of
      Limerick, Munster
Any help would be great. Passenger and back windows are all working fine. Any suggestions/help/vids/pics etc would be brill. Thanks in advance :goodjob2:
  • i just bought a 2010 hyundai i30 premium. 1.6 crdi. 113bhp. 5dr Grey. 87,000 mls

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Can you hear a noise from the window motor or is it just silent?

How old is the car as if within warranty just get the dealer to fix as it may be motor which can be tricky and £££££ to fix.

I don't know much about electrics but have you checked the fuses just to make sure all ok?

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Can you hear a noise from the window motor or is it just silent?

How old is the car as if within warranty just get the dealer to fix as it may be motor which can be tricky and £££££ to fix.

I don't know much about electrics but have you checked the fuses just to make sure all ok?

:whsaid:

Replacing the motor would be fairly simple but if you hear it running momentarily run then most common failure is the window mech itself. It's actually a whole panel assembly and your speaker will be pop rivetted to it.

elantra touring which is the same

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline buston87

• 1st Gear

Limerick, Munster
Cheers man. Got it sorted. It wasnt making much noise....a little different to the rest. I opened the panel on the door and pressed the switch. Looked like too much movement on the housing/frame of the motor so i just checked to tighten the bolts/screws and they were a bit loose. After they had been tightened the window seems to be working fine. Windows do feel they are lacking some power going up....maybe the motor is starting to give up on me :-(. I bought the car in June 2016. Its a 2010 registered. So only got a 3month warranty on it. All good for now tho. Thanks a mill :-)
  • i just bought a 2010 hyundai i30 premium. 1.6 crdi. 113bhp. 5dr Grey. 87,000 mls

Offline buston87

• 1st Gear

Limerick, Munster
Thanks a mill :-)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: buston87
Windows do feel they are lacking some power going up...

Clean the vertical track using a cotton bud - you''ll be amazed at the difference it might make.

I also use graphite powder in the freshly cleaned grooves.

:link: Keep your groove clean
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal