i30 Owners Club

We're home

CraigB · 8 · 14343

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Had a great time and wish we didn't have to return, could have extended it longer but we'll make another trip one day taking in the areas we didn't explore this time.
Took to many pictures to count or upload so I'll place just a brief glimpse for you all :)

First several days were in Tokyo, very busy as you'd expect and more so coming into cherry blossom season.
Took this photo on Takeshita street in the Harajuku district of Tokyo which is famous for the groups who dress up in Anime costumes, hard to see amongst the crowd but they were there, buy the time I got to the other end of the street I'd had enough :crazy1:

Went to the Nissan building, needed a change of pants after these :whistler: :mrgreen:
2020 concept

2017 GTR twin turbo twin super charger

Next time in Tokyo I'll get an international license so I can do this

One of the city gardens we visited in Tokyo Kyunmi Shirakawa

Then on to Matsumoto castle, we saw several other castles across Japan but this was the oldest and still standing wooden one.

Starting to get colder now as we crossed the northern alps from Matsumoto to Takayama

Stopped for a play midway

Continuing on across the alps to Takayama and more beautiful scenery

So many nice photos of Takayama but my most memorable was watching these two guys having a ball bouncing their 61 Impala lowrider down the road :lol:

I went into a shop in the old section of Takayama to grab a pair of gloves for my freezing hands and what do I find when I come out...she's eating a pork bun without me :Shocked: :foottap:

A visit to the Hida folk village in Takayama, so glad we went this time of year as the cold was bearable but the snow was so picturesque

Another garden but we're in Kanazawa now, the garden was so huge but managed to find one of the first cherry blossoms throughout Japan

Moved on to Kyoto with a visit to see some Japanese Macaques, same monkeys as the ones found in Hokkaido bathing in hot springs but these ones didn't have the heated luxury

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:08:52 by CraigB »

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
You lucky son of a gun living close enough to visit.  That is on my bucket list too, and the Terracotta Army....   Great photos  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Splendid photos :goodjob:

Takeshita street
Nearly pissed myself when I read that :rofl:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You lucky son of a gun living close enough to visit.  That is on my bucket list too, and the Terracotta Army....   Great photos  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
Don't know about close enough, still a 12 hour flight from Western Australia.

Yeah China is on our soon to do list, only 7-8 hours to there, South Korea would be nice as well.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Splendid photos :goodjob:

Takeshita street
Nearly pissed myself when I read that :rofl:
Yeah, it was an ongoing joke amongst our group :lol:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Enjoyed the great pics
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Look's like a nice trip. I would get claustrophobic if I had to walk down that street..  :sweating:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Excellent report and photos Craig. Glad you both had a great time. Thanks for sharing.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal