i30 Owners Club

How to remove overspray following visit to paint shop?

Offline Brisvegas

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
The car had a small paint defect under the drivers mirror so it went to the paint shop for repair. It's come back to me and it has some sort of overspray on it, I contacted Hyundai who got me to contact the paint shop. Paint shop want me to bring it back in, but it's a long way out of my way, and it's hard for me to do with the hours I work. My contact with the paint shop has been interesting as their lack of professionalism is astounding and they've admitted they don't actually know what it is!   It's a dull patch on the back door, and on the sill.. Does anyone know what it is and how to get it off as the people who put it there have no idea and I'm not keen on letting them near it again.

• 2016 i30

Offline CORSHN

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Cranbourne, Victoria, Australia
And if they can't redress this error they will never learn from their mistakes. If you attempt to rectify it yourself it could become worse and void any warranty claim on the paint shop's work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2019 PD3 I30 N-Line 1.6T 6 speed manual

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks like it just needs buffing but don't do it yourself, if you stuff it then it's your fault.

If Hyundai took the vehicle to this paint shop then give it back to Hyundai to deal with.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :whsaid:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal