Learner driver test stalled over instructor's car

eye30 · 7 · 1938

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
A learner driver was on course to pass her test - until the instructor's uninsured car was stopped by police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-39835197
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Usually the driver not regustered keeper is responsible to ensure car taxed, mot and insured.

Therefore, why is the learner not being prosecuted?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Usually the driver not regustered keeper is responsible to ensure car taxed, mot and insured.

Wow! that would be a tough lesson. A learner drive (even a mature one) would be considered fair to assume a driving instructor's car would be registered and MOT'd...  :cool:

If that were the case then I better start asking to see the rego papers on the cars I rent!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Wow! that would be a tough lesson. A learner drive (even a mature one) would be considered fair to assume a driving instructor's car would be registered and MOT'd...  :cool:

If that were the case then I better start asking to see the rego papers on the cars I rent!
We had a situation at Goodyear back in the early 2000s where they moved all the admin to Melbourne. All our cars were registered on the same day each year. Some sort of company arrangement with the DMR. Anyway, somehow I became aware probably from the date on the rego label, that our cars hadn't been reregistered. I parked my car in the car park and advised everyone else. Took Melbourne three days to sort it out and we did a block hire of vehicles from the local hire car company.
Some admin arsehole in Melbourne even suggested​ I should have shut up about it.
I reported her.
Can you imagine the crap if one of our cars had been involved in an accident even if it wasn't our fault?
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

I would, have seen a few that haven't been registered. There are aps and or websites for checking them too.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Food for thought!

Interesting situation Trev!  :eek:

We did have one vehicle at RR that slipped through the net for a day or two... :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal