i30 Owners Club

Nearly done a 1000 kays

Offline corks67

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth, Western Australia
And enjoying it.

Thoughts - it's goes well, sport mode even mode so, but normal mode is fine for most of the time. The smart cruise is very good freaky getting used to it though. Seats are comfy tho I'm still finding my " position" - perhaps be nice if they had a bit more adjustment
It doesn't really have a trip meter, there is an accumulated meter and drive meter both under the drive computer settings. Stereo is good, maps are good but haven't actually used the navigation yet. The 7spd dct is smooth even at low speeds, seems less jerky than wife's atmo veloster does - but hers is also low kays. Electronic park brake is cool, but weird at first. Visibility seems good as do mirrors. Brakes seems good but brake pedal feels a little spongey at first travel, car seems quiet at speed with a bit of road/wind seeming to come from the rear hatch area, but other people in the car have said they can't hear it so that could just be me going mad.

• 2017 i30 SR auto (sparkling metal)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
And enjoying it.

Thoughts - it's goes well, sport mode even mode so, but normal mode is fine for most of the time. The smart cruise is very good freaky getting used to it though. Seats are comfy tho I'm still finding my " position" .
It doesn't really have a trip ter, there is an accumulated meter and drive meter both under the drive computer settings. Stereo is good, maps are good but haven't actually used the navigation yet. The 7spd duct is smooth even at low speeds, seems less jerky than wife's atmo veloster does - but hers is also low kays. Electronic park brake is cool, but weird at first. Visibility seems good as do mirrors. Brakes seems good but brake pedal feels a little spongey at first travel, car seems quiet at speed with a bit of road/wind seeming to come from the rear hatch area, but other people in the car have said they can't hear it so that could just be me going made

Thanks for that. Good to hear.

I have got one the same (Fiery Red) coming in about a week. I can't wait.

I've had over 30 cars in 40 years, but the novelty of a new car never wears off.. Especially when it is something with new "Gadgets". My first petrol Turbo, first with DCT, first with Autonomous cruise.  :happydance:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti
I just passed 1100km with my 2 weeks i30 and I pretty much agree with everything you said, minus the 7DCT, which I don't have since I've opted for 6MT.
  • 2017 i30 1.4 T-GDI

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Very good. The 6M would be my choice too. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal