Dusty seats

Dazzler · 34 · 7064

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks like the dust or whatever those small particles are, is back in my seats. Just washed the car yesterday and before vacuuming the interior, I noticed that it comes dust when I hit the seats with my palm. Not that much as last time, but... Again... Maybe it's the upholstery or the foam under it that generates it, really don't know. It can not be from outside, since the car runs with the windows closed at all times and climate on AUTO. And visiting the dealer, won't get me an explanation, for sure!

You need to visit the dealer and if they don't believe you contact Hyundai direct. No problems here, but different factory I'm guessing.  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Bitsumishi

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Brisbane, Queensland
I suffer from sinusitis, so often use tissues to blow my nose. Tissues cause a LOT of 'dust' in my i30.

Do you use tissues*

(*that sounds kinda rude... :whistler:)
  • 2011 i30 SX CRDi

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Could the sponge foam/filler be disintegrating?

I found a carwash sponge in my garage a few weeks back that hadn't seen the light of day for nigh on 20 years. It crumbled in my hand.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Could the sponge foam/filler be disintegrating?

I found a carwash sponge in my garage a few weeks back that hadn't seen the light of day for nigh on 20 years. It crumbled in my hand.

Proof that my concern about sponges dying is valid.

I have a friend who spent a working lifetime in plastic manufacture who once told me that his company, wherever practical, put additives in them to ensure they bio-degrade.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal