i30 Owners Club

The 10 expensive car parts you'll need to replace most over your lifetime of driving (at a cost of £

eye30 · 4 · 1594

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

If you pass your driving test at the age of 17 and continue driving until you're 80, you'll spend 63 years behind the wheel and need to replace some of these expensive consumables up to 25 times, a new study has revealed.

Based on the average lifespan and cost of these parts you will have to fork out approximately £30,287 to have these 10 components replaced throughout your motoring years, says ClickMechanic.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-4922122/The-10-expensive-car-parts-need-replace-often.html
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I just spend 1000's every couple of years on upgrading my cars so I don't have to spend hundreds on new tyres and batteries and stuff...   :snigger: Works for me!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Where did they get the prices from for some of that stuff - they are crazy.

@Dazzler - you are like me, some people change underwear less often. But think of the cost of trading the car for a new one each time. I would rather not think about it. £30,000 wouldn't come close.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Where did they get the prices from for some of that stuff - they are crazy.

@Dazzler - you are like me, some people change underwear less often. But think of the cost of trading the car for a new one each time. I would rather not think about it. £30,000 wouldn't come close.

It's hard to put a value on the joy I've had from many of the different cars I've owned. There would be at least a dozen out of the 30+ I've owned that I have had a "love affair" with, so to speak...  :crazy1:

I could work out within a few $1000 what my changeovers have cost me over the years. Would be well over $100,000  :crazy2:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal