i30 Owners Club

Tesla Roadster 2020

CraigB · 18 · 4014

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Tesla's new Roadster for 2020 will be fastest production car in the world, 1.9 seconds 0-60mph (96kph) with 620 mile (997km) range.
:link: Tesla revives Roadster with a range of 620 miles

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Wow! Impressive,  to say the least. That was popping up all over the news feeds but I hadn't read it until now.  :goodjob2:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Yep a $250k car is going to give a smackdown to petrol powered vehicles  :whistler:

I would have thought that the way to smack down the petrol car was to make an eletric car in the 20-24k price range myself.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Tesla's new Roadster for 2020 will be fastest production car in the world, 1.9 seconds 0-60mph (96kph) with 620 mile (997km) range.

impressive, but after 620mile ( at what average speed, as can't use full power for 620 mile would drain battery long before that distance ) so when battery flat how long does it take to recharge? and how many times can battery be recharged before the battery need to be replaced?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

impressive, but after 620mile ( at what average speed, as can't use full power for 620 mile would drain battery long before that distance ) so when battery flat how long does it take to recharge? and how many times can battery be recharged before the battery need to be replaced?

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see Lakes is old school and is not a fan of electric or hybrid cars...

Batteries usually have a minimum 8 years warranty in these cars and charging times to at least 80% are getting much quicker.

I thought the same thing about range being compromised if you put the foot down.

Hybrid or electric car no good for you John but you really should try one (you like torquey motors)

Don't drive a Prius though, they aren't very quick. A 2012 - current Camry Hybrid will get up and boogy though if you put the foot down... :goodjob:

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
It will be interesting to hear from Shambles about the acceleration of the Ioniq in Sport mode. My Niro feels as lively from a standing start up to about 50 mph as my previous i30 diesels.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
My Ioniq flies from a standing start, like it's on steroids.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My Ioniq flies from a standing start, like it's on steroids.

Sorry to hear that! :snigger: Maybe I should have waited until it got here...  :crazy1: :disapp:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I believe in eletric vehicles but not in Tesla. I reckon the new model might be about filling some of the $10,500 a minute the company is burning through with 250k payments and creating more 'good news' for the company to tap investors for more cash. At current rate it will be broke in August next year.

:link: Elon Musk's Tesla is burning through ,500 a minute as Model 3 problems linger

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see Lakes is old school and is not a fan of electric or hybrid cars...

Batteries usually have a minimum 8 years warranty in these cars and charging times to at least 80% are getting much quicker.

I thought the same thing about range being compromised if you put the foot down.

Hybrid or electric car no good for you John but you really should try one (you like torquey motors)

Don't drive a Prius though, they aren't very quick. A 2012 - current Camry Hybrid will get up and boogy though if you put the foot down... :goodjob:

dazz I love them, just stating facts.
the battery they use gives them all there power, the motor won't run without it, as no petrol motor as back up.
the battery they use will have a maximum amount of charges in its lifetime thats a known fact, each time battery recharged the percentage of the battery drops so as it goes on the range per charge decreases . you can monitor it with an app.
there is no guarantee on battery life.
just stating facts dazz.
I was following a Tesla from Nowra to Wollongong the other day very nice.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Spotted 2 T's last Saturday arvo around Goulburn heading  North, both with HC (hire car) plates.
Didn't get a good look, (think they had 2000 on the rear) nice we were doing about 120, they must have been down at about 100.
Nice flowing lines and quite large as well. 👍
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I've seen a few Teslas down here in southern Tasmania.  David Walsh (the owner of MONA) owns at least one.  I've even seen a Tesla Model X (the SUV) in the streets of Hobart.

I do like the look of them, and the performance figures.  However it is slightly out of my price range (and slightly more expensive than a 2004 Robinson R22, which I would definitely NOT buy).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

dazz I love them, just stating facts.
the battery they use gives them all there power, the motor won't run without it, as no petrol motor as back up.
the battery they use will have a maximum amount of charges in its lifetime thats a known fact, each time battery recharged the percentage of the battery drops so as it goes on the range per charge decreases . you can monitor it with an app.
there is no guarantee on battery life.
just stating facts dazz.
I was following a Tesla from Nowra to Wollongong the other day very nice.

I prefer the flexibility of Hybrid, but the lifetime of these types of batteries has improved greatly in recent years.  :cool:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
yes the hybrid is proven, the Tesla is full electric so the battery does everything and will have a limit on number of recharges, the hybrids petrol or diesel motor does a lot of the work too so depending how you drive and the climate you live in like tassie best climate and fnq not as good, battery's don't like heat. found out Tesla battery's mostly recyclable.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

yes the hybrid is proven, the Tesla is full electric so the battery does everything and will have a limit on number of recharges, the hybrids petrol or diesel motor does a lot of the work too so depending how you drive and the climate you live in like tassie best climate and fnq not as good, battery's don't like heat. found out Tesla battery's mostly recyclable.

The Petrol drivetrain in most hybrids gets a really easy life. The Petrol engine mostly runs with electric assistance and obviously sometimes isn't running at all. Also because of the regenerative braking the brake pads last a lot longer too as they are sharing the load.

This is not a paid political announcement...  :snigger:

Offline PiL

• 3rd Gear
  • Lord and Master

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

• Pump it Loud
This is just a hero car to showcase incredible speed performance.

The "regular" tesla can still flog a bathurst car, carry 7 passengers, 400km range and recharges to 100% in under 1.5 hours.

My brother in law owns one. It still disconcerts me how rapid it accelerates in silence. And how it can creep up behind you like a ghost. I do miss the aural aspect of a v8 engine - used to be one of my favourite sounds but we all gotta grow up eventually i guess. The sound of my diesel GD hardly sets my heart on fire 😂
  • GDe i30 tourer elite diesel

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Will be interesting to see if they stay afloat.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Will be interesting to see if they stay afloat.

$hit! Are they building a boat as well!  :Shocked: :crazy1:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal