i30 Owners Club

Wing Mirror Covers

Offline OGPirateMaterial

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

New to the forum, so I had my wing mirror completely taken off recently. I went about purchasing a new wing mirror (direct from Hyundai) so the colour doesn't match the car itself. Hyundai told me the back covers are removable so rather than pay the additional cost to have the sprayed to match the car to swap them over as their isn't anything wrong with the original cover.

I've had a look about online but haven't really found anything, do the covers just pop off or are they held in place by a screw? in which case I imagine i'll need to pull off the mirror.

I have a 2016 i30 CRDi 1.6 just in case the methods vary on swapping the covers.

Cheers for the help in advance
  • Hyundai I30 1.6 CRDi 2016

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wttc:

We only had an almost identical request in the last week or so here. Half your questions answered in that. Hopefully someone else can answer the getting them off bit. I think they just clip off though. When you get the new covers you should be able to tell  by looking at them..

:link: Wing mirror covers
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Sounded familiar,  wonder if they have the colour the other is after  ?  :wacko:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal