Lakes · 80 · 13967

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks great John. Exciting times for you!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
In and fired up, beauty.
Lots of drag racing pictures on the wall behind your bike.
The bloke in that Top Fuel Dragster got a surprise    :winker:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

It's running, my friend said it started straight up & fired up quick sounds good. will do heat cycles next week & ride it check everything.
Looking great Lakes :goodjob2: I reckon one of the cafe style solo seats would top it off and remove the rear padded bib :)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

It's running, my friend said it started straight up & fired up quick sounds good. will do heat cycles next week & ride it check everything.
Looking great Lakes :goodjob2: I reckon one of the cafe style solo seats would top it off and remove the rear padded bib :)

Hi Craig , I'm not into solo seats to me these late bikes with them just trying to imitate the. early big twins 1980 back that had a down tube as part of frame and a steel rod that was almost like a fork tube. it had its own spring inside. that you could adjust spring pressure for different weight riders they had a welded to frame braket that was between the duel fat bob tanks. the back two holes mounted an arm that was a pivot support for front of suspension seat then next two holes up were the rear fat bob fuel tanks rear mount brakets , these where the original style tanks & solo seat they used right back to 1930's. but 1981 they lost the machined inside down tube on frame and later the fuel tank became one piece with one dummy fuel cap & a band cover in middle to try to replicate the old duel fuel tanks. I've always looked at them as imitation. also the sporty's with the solo seat, the cheapest models the one with this seat was XLH 1200 this year, & I just want it to look stock original as this bike never been damaged & all original paint. I'm more a motor man.
In and fired up, beauty.
Lots of drag racing pictures on the wall behind your bike.
The bloke in that Top Fuel Dragster got a surprise    :winker:

Hi Mick, my friend has long history in racing still has a top fuel nitro Harley that can still run with the few top runner in Australia, but has not raced it for a few years, the dragster pic's old pic's from when he was in USA years back.
he is also into F1 & Moto GP ( northern Italian Boy )

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
No problem Lakes, just thrown out ideas :) :goodjob2:

no worries Craig, a lot of people like that style, another thing is my seat seems to give support from me sliding back under exelleration. when I go to the track the first 60 foot can be hard on that.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
:link: Krash Sporty - Google Photos

see if this work's, one short clip of start up , another one of idling, a mate took sent me.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yep! Worked great. Sounds awesome!  :mrgreen:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Sounds good John :goodjob: sounds like a Harley :) I wouldn’t be keen on the Krash title  :eek:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Sounds good John :goodjob: sounds like a Harley :) I wouldn’t be keen on the Krash title  :eek:

Thanks Craig , got that a while back, used to have that on my back at races. just been name in another forum. was racing a big twin when I got that name, did 160kph on butt through speed traps got straight up walked away.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks Craig , got that a while back, used to have that on my back at races. just been name in another forum. was racing a big twin when I got that name, did 160kph on butt through speed traps got straight up walked away.
You're a lucky boy :Prayer: bikes aren't usually so forgiving when shit happens :goodjob2:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
You're a lucky boy :Prayer: bikes aren't usually so forgiving when shit happens :goodjob2:
Might have been some 💩   being used  to reduce friction.   :mrgreen:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
:link: Krash Sporty - Google Photos

see if this work's, one short clip of start up , another one of idling, a mate took sent me.

One pot for each ear , oohh sounds good   :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
well I have her home!!
And now have 1,000k up very careful run in as barrels are Nodular Iron so does not expand and holds it's round, the piston's are JE forged. so I have to wear the pistons in to the bore ( slowly ) been keeping rev's below 3,000. she is a bit like a diesel as pulls strong from 2,000 in top gear ( 5th ).
today I did a 50 k pushing ride on dirt track in hill's out of Bodalla, then rushed home get the bike out fill it at the BP with 98. then off south went to Eden road to the big Wharf to find a good feed of fish. as I get my helmet off and my first bionic ear on I hear this loud yelling, look around and some guy all excited wearing a Harley Davidson cap, is yelling out " nice Sporty mate!! " so I walk over to him as he is standing out side a few restaurants , he say's what year is it? I tell him and he used to own one, we walk over and he is saying oh I love the pipes, I love the air cleaner, Oh you got good shock as the rear of bike is high, I said yeh I like taking corners quick. he said most people make them really low so good to see something different. then tells me he is from Central Coast, him & wife going down Melbourne to pick up a new Harley Trike & ride around Tassie. I said sounds great, also I just got given a new Harley big twin EFI that has the 8 valve motor to take for a long ride. my friend in Sydney had just bought it new, it went good had a huge motor and ride by wire like the i30's, this guy said his new trike is a sport glide that has one of those motors think he said 114 cubic inch.
then I say where is the best place to get a good feed of fish, he say's anywhere here as fishing trawlers just over the road.
so finished up with a nice seafood dish & salad .
I was thinking I should contact MickD but was getting late afternoon and needed to get home. on trip home bike felt a lot more responsive but did not go past 3,500. I'll give it another 1,000k & drop oil. then ride up Sydney for fine tuning as runing it slightly richer & have retired timing. checked cranking pressure and its 220 pound so on high side but it really pulls strong.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's great John. I am not a bike person but the way you explain it even i get excited! Good story about that guy as well.  :happydance:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hey John,
Glad to hear that she's alive again. You've got my number, ( PM if you can't find it) better check that we're at home though.  Still have plenty of boxes to unpack,  and a double garage chokers with just as much to sort out.
Great you met another Harley lover  :winker: ,  look out for them Dazz  :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:mrgreen:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hey John,
Glad to hear that she's alive again. You've got my number, ( PM if you can't find it) better check that we're at home though.  Still have plenty of boxes to unpack,  and a double garage chokers with just as much to sort out.
Great you met another Harley lover  :winker: ,  look out for them Dazz  :lol:

Hey Mick understand what it's like!! But you would have heaps more than I had to move!!
I always like the run down the coast to Eden Wharf, I like Tathra wharf too, but getting a feed on tathra wharf, makes you feel like u just got mugged!! they charge like a wounded Bull!! LOL but love that Massive old Wharf and how is has been preserved .
If Dazz meet's this couple ......... the guy was so happy and prancing around like he had springs under his feet!! wife  looked like still recovering, sat down beside water never moved. good to see someone happy!! Dazz would get on with them , he is a top chap!! weather would be great this time of year too!!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal