i30 Owners Club

2018 PD i30 SR - Phone Contact Recognition

Pappy · 3 · 3171

Offline Pappy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Sydney
Hi,

I have a (trivial) query regarding the phone contacts recognition with incoming calls on the i30 SR (PD).

With incoming calls they are not displaying the contact names due to my contact phone numbers on my mobile having the "+61" country code prefix.
This wasn't a problem with my previous car (Audi) which would identify the contacts correctly.

I always add the country code to allow the contacts to be used whilst traveling overseas.

Is anyone aware of any setting that will enable it to identify the contacts correctly as per my phone contacts with the preceding +61?
I assume the i30 should recognize I'm in Australia and ignore or add +61 accordingly.

As a workaround I'm going through my contacts and adding an additional number without the +61 prefix.
  • MY18 PD SR Premium (Polar White)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Pappy,

I think your work around sounds like the best option. I'm guessing like most people it would probably be the same dozen or less contacts that would be likely to ring you often. So you shouldn't have to double up all your contacts.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That's how I store my contacts mobile numbers as I place mine manually, replacing the 61 prefix with 0 is the best option :goodjob2:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal