i30 Owners Club

1300km + on a tank without a worry!

Guest · 15 · 4456

ouri30
This past week and a half I have had the opportunity to really try to get the most out of a tank of diesel fuel in ouri30 1.6 CRDi.

I filled up to the brim (not that I could see lliquid diesel fuel in the filler pipe, but close to it).  Now, 11 day later, I have covered 1285km and the distance to empty shows 123km.  Tomorrow, I drive to work about 72km away and will need to fill up before returning home.  

I'm half thinking of taking a fuel container with and seeing if I can stretch it out to 1400km before topping up the fuel.  I figure I can do it.  I'll post the outcome tomorrow.

The fuel consumption computer is showing 4.3 LPH and has been for most of the time since filling up.

Bob

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
That is fantastic Bob.
That must be getting close to a record for the site.
I  know Thumper has pushed beyond 1200k and maybe 1300k.
1400 woluld be some achievment. :D

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
1360km driving normally. (Highway speeds)

If you beat that, then I'll have to go one better and do an economy run! *Grins*

See, others can do it, it's not just me!  :lol:

ouri30
Well, I chickened out.

Got to 1370km about 7km after the distance to empty started flashing (at 53km to empty).  I didn't have the balls to keep going as I was driving home into a strong headwind way out where there was no mobile service and no houses within cooee.  

If I were to believe the trip computer figures, I could have reached 1415km.

Thumper, I hadn't read your post and it is pure coincidence that I pulled the pin at 1370km.  Sorry.

Anyway, I reckon I could get there (1400km) with a little more planning.

Bob

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Right, that's it, I will now have to crack 1,400km for the tank.  :lol:

Offline matjazek

• 1st Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia
I have got 1322 km and I was driving on usual roads. OK, there was more foreseeing, less braking and on highway I always set cruise control to 110 km. At the time of filling the computer just show 50 km to empty.

I also believe, that it can be reached even more than 1400 km with one filling, but this needs some more planning and driving on less crowded hours.

Btw. Mine is 66 kW. I heard that 85 kW consume a little more fuel.

M.

Offline Thumper

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Yeah, in Australia we have the 85kw version (Which is more than enough for driving here)

If we had the choice of the 66kw version, I would have purchased it. I'm not after power, I'm after economy.

ouri30
OK Thumper,

I reckon we can both get there.  

I'll have to keep the wife out of the car that week as she is a little heavy footed.

Bob

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
well done Bob, most i have got was 1200, but still had plenty left just had to do sydney driving. i would no risk runing out. i can still remember the trouble getting my nephews Nissan 2.5 common rail started after he ran out. have ran out with EFI petrol no problem at all to start after you put fuel in tank.

Should try driving from SA to port Maquarie or further as that is or seems like unoficial i30 record on a tank one trip think was 1,300? with fuel left in tank

Offline ozsnowman

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Central Victoria

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Quote from: "ozsnowman"
Bloody hell, I'm still trying to crack 1100km!

I haven't cracked the magic 1000k yet, :(
Hope that will change in a couple of weeks when I do the trip up to Coffs Harbour.
We will be heavily loaded though so not sure how much effect that will have on economy.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "EymaTeapot"
We will be heavily loaded...

Hey. Don't drink and drive  :lol:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

ouri30
Emyateapot wrote:

I haven't cracked the magic 1000k yet,  
Hope that will change in a couple of weeks when I do the trip up to Coffs Harbour.
We will be heavily loaded though so not sure how much effect that will have on economy.

I managed 4.9 on a trip to Qld from SA and return fully loaded with 4 on board earlier this year.  Got to 1200km before filling up on one occassion.

Bob

Offline EymaTeapot

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Bob,
That sounds promising.
I will be pushing hard by not pushing to hard to crack the 1000k :D

Offline I30Racer

• 2nd Gear

• lu Luxembourg
      Luxembourg
With my 100 KW Diesel (modified 1.6) i will try to crack the 800KM with one filling! :lol:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal