Has any one else found this or what is your avg
  • I 30 diesel auto

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Greetings Haig1uk welcome.

That's 8.07 l/100k which is still a bit high. Your engine won't loosen up till around the 6K miles mark so expect your economy to get better.

BTW, should have started a new thread when entering the forum :whistler:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline peon2t

• 3rd Gear

• ch Switzerland
      Lucerne, Switzerland
Is it a manual or an auto?

For a manual the value seems quite bad to me (I have a manual diesel with now a bit more than 1000 km on the clock and it currently drinks between 5 and 6 litres / 100 km [47 - 56 mpukg*]  depending if I drive more highway or more urban) . But if it's a car with auto transmission I heard that it unfortunately is quite normal that it drinks excessively.

[*I think we're talking about UK-gallons here, right? Because Google always tricks me by calculating in US-gallons... and since in continental europe we don't know anything about gallons anyway...]

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Is it a manual or an auto?

For a manual the value seems quite bad to me (I have a manual diesel with now a bit more than 1000 km on the clock and it currently drinks between 5 and 6 litres / 100 km [47 - 56 mpukg*]  depending if I drive more highway or more urban) . But if it's a car with auto transmission I heard that it unfortunately is quite normal that it drinks excessively.

[*I think we're talking about UK-gallons here, right? Because Google always tricks me by calculating in US-gallons... and since in continental europe we don't know anything about gallons anyway...]

It's a diesel auto in the original post  :neutral:

Offline peon2t

• 3rd Gear

• ch Switzerland
      Lucerne, Switzerland
Oh holy mother, you'r right... It's written three times in the original post and I still didn't see it. I must be blind. (Or probably my mother tongue tricked my mind -  because "auto" just means "car" in german, so maybe my mind always saw "my diesel car" instead of "my diesel with auto transmission", haha)

Anyway, I think I remember that we had even worse figures from auto transmission drivers here, no?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
We have 2 "AUTO" I30's & we are achieving about 5.5 - 6.2 l/100k with a 50/50 mix of city & freeway driving, so I think the 8.07 should improve over time. Yes the auto will always use more fuel, but I like them better.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Welcome to the forum.  :goodjob2:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Haig1uk

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Peterborough
Sorry for posting i the wrong thread
And many thanks for the replys
After numous commutioms with hyundai they wont ammit what it should be alhough by phone the admitted 35 to 40 is the norm :rofl:

BTW apart from that cant fault the car :goodjob2:
  • I 30 diesel auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal