Mike SX · 213 · 178604

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
So not factory fitted.
Mine was and I've had no problems at all

No, it was fitted, by the Dealer as a Hyundai Approved item, this vehicle had done 9 miles when I collected it.

Hyundai UK appear to blame poor Dealer installation & an absolute failure of their Technicians/Service personnel to rectify this fault on numerous occasions, during the previous 2 years.
The Dealership appears to have high staff turnover, requiring me to constantly repeat & explain the problems to replacement operatives.

Hyundai are not providing replacement parts, they insist the Dealer "finds the fault".

None of them have been living with such a useless vehicle, I'm just another unhappy customer passing through :whistler:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I feel so sorry for you, it would be the most frustrating situation. I hate it when Hy argue between themselves as to whose responsibility it is to fix. That achieves absolutely nothing for customer satisfaction or service. I think I'd give them their 3 days and require them to completely uninstall the unit, test and reinstall.  :fum: You are displaying a great deal of patience. :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I feel so sorry for you, it would be the most frustrating situation. I hate it when Hy argue between themselves as to whose responsibility it is to fix. That achieves absolutely nothing for customer satisfaction or service. I think I'd give them their 3 days and require them to completely uninstall the unit, test and reinstall.  :fum: You are displaying a great deal of patience. :goodjob2:

Exactly  :whsaid:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Thanks for all your support, this Club has certainly helped me, without this I may have made some rash decisions.  :undecided:
All those visits, stripping the car of all my equipment, manuals etc. each time, then loading them all back in, losing days at a time, explaining to my customers "I can't make it", for their various requirements. Additional mileage & fuel costs "running around" & "testing" to no fruition.
Feedback from other Hyundai/KIA owners indicate local, alternative Dealers are NO better, albeit the problems seem not to be regularly ongoing for over 2 years.

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

I think I'd give them their 3 days and require them to completely uninstall the unit, test and reinstall.  :fum: You are displaying a great deal of patience. :goodjob2:

I've taken this up with the Dealer, they will not exchange the c/c, so I asked how they intended to "test" the harness plugs & sockets , etc ? This had not been considered....

I intend to reply to the Hyundai Customer Services letter, indicating my continuing dissatisfaction, but I would like to include a link to this site, thus directing them to some of my previous comments.

Is this acceptable ?

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
This is a public forum, where anyone with an interest in these vehicles may browse and read what's been posted. I would hope that the knowledge that they are not just dealing with you alone but the eyes of the forum worldwide watching and waiting, would prompt them to resolving your issues and provide the customer service you are entitled to.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I intend to reply to the Hyundai Customer Services letter, indicating my continuing dissatisfaction, but I would like to include a link to this site, thus directing them to some of my previous comments.

Is this acceptable ?

Administrator Comment No problem whatsoever  :goodjob:

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Email now sent to Hyundai (UK) Service

Thank you for your confirmation email, but your Hyundai Technical have decided NOT to replace any parts.

They suggest "a broken wire somewhere"; a faulty installation carried out by the Dealer, prior to purchase.

That appears very unprofessional, Hyundai (UK), should be taking a more serious approach and provide any possible replacement parts.

Yet another lost week carrying out "tests", and more premature damage to the transmission etc. as it constantly lurches in and out of Limp Home Mode.

I am providing you with a link to some of my published "Link Home Mode" comments,

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=18716.msg255758#new

Not all events are listed, LHM first manifested in July 2011, I had paid over £600.00 for a return ferry crossing, but the fully laden vehicle was unable to climb the Ships ramp, the vehicle was refused entry as it was considered by the Authorities as unsafe.
We effectively lost our annual holiday.
At the time this was reported to xxxx, at the Dealership who subsequently had the vehicle for 3 days of road tests, the Technicians simply cleared the code and said "Historical".

In light of the above, and to avoid anticipated future problems, I request that you also instruct the Dealer to impart me with information so that I can personally disconnect the faulty LHM equipment which may  remain on my vehicle.

As previously indicated by the Dealership, please do not suggest I simply call my Breakdown Provider and request low loader transportation to the nearest garage.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Will be very interesting to see their answer to that.....

I really hope you get the car fixed asap, as this is not acceptable.  :disapp:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Will be very interesting to see their answer to that.....

Had a 45 minute discussion with a Hyundai (UK) Engineer, the upshot is that the Dealership Technician will be assisted via telephone from Hyundai Technical guiding the Technician to the suspect areas.
Should the fault be undiscovered, then the next step will be to replace the complete wiring loom / or some other mutual agreement with myself / Hyundai.
Much more was discussed, but at present, and in wishing to avoid "a hornets nest", further detail has not been posted.

Thank you for continued support.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I am pleased that the response is in line with the severity of the problem. It's a good starting point. Hope they can resolve it for you.  :goodjob2:

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Andy Smith Hyundai (UK) had requested that I only dealt with "Dennis" at the Dealership, who had now been briefed by them during a long, protracted telephone conversation, to carry out the fault finding/rectification. Dennis subsequently rang me and repeated his & their assurance. Yet another week of further discussion & return visits, (on top of the previous 2 years).

After waiting another month, I returned the vehicle, entered the Service Reception, and asked for Dennis, "he's on holiday until next Tuesday 27th", was the reply, "what do you want us to do this time?"
Dennis had made no attempt to let me know, and this would be yet another wasted, frustrating visit/journey.
I insisted that they rang Andy Smith of Hyundai, and in conjunction with him whilst perusing the incomplete Job Sheets, I went over the previous 2 years of LHM problems, he reiterated that he was shocked by the colossal number of Warranty Claims that the Dealership had back charged, and was astonished that Dennis had failed to be present on my return visit.
The only possible Technical person available was Kevin the Warranty Claims Parts Manager.
For over 18 months I had confined the use of this Diesel vehicle within an radius area of 10 miles from my home, I left the vehicle there, and remain unconvinced that it will ever function correctly again.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 13:23:24 by Interphase »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Blimey .. I am gobbsmacked :eek:

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
Bloody hell Interphase I can feel your anger... Justified 110%!
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Bloody hell Interphase I can feel your anger... Justified 110%!

They obviously could not ever be bothered to fix it - even with the mighty Hyundai behind them - they all just kept lying and fobbing me off.
Never seen the same person twice.....obviously no loyalty there - they are clearly unable to work as a team.
The Wife is really angry; collecting me & taking me back to the Dealership, each of us losing a days work each time, (on this occasion they have loaned an i20), but she insisted in coming with me, and was hardly surprised when "Dennis" had gone on holiday on this very day, just another fobbing off obstacle.
She voiced her opinion & additional comments in Service Reception............especially when told the replacement loom would take another 3 months, then also off road for several weeks to arrange and replace.
That's if it is indeed the loom, this could be yet another misdiagnosis.

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England

Did you see the Hy UK Boss on the TV program "Undercover Boss"? I must say your feelings really aren't all alone... I've said all along, that if Hy want to be a top brand with brand loyalty & charging premium prices for their products and services, they really have to up their game on responses to  customer concerns like yours.

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England

Did you see the Hy UK Boss on the TV program "Undercover Boss"? I must say your feelings really aren't all alone... I've said all along, that if Hy want to be a top brand with brand loyalty & charging premium prices for their products and services, they really have to up their game on responses to  customer concerns like yours.

The simple problems highlighted on that programme, are insignificant compared to the 2 year experience of mine.

I was once dining with a Marketing Director, who on being served a very tough steak, called the Chef who said, "We've sold plenty".
The Director simply enquired, "are they for selling or
Mike

I think the issues highlighted in that show perfectly demonstrate the undercurrents creating your experience, lack of training, growing too fast, skilled staff leaving & especially Head Office not knowing what the hell is happening to its Customers in distant climes...

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

I think the issues highlighted in that show perfectly demonstrate the undercurrents creating your experience, lack of training, growing too fast, skilled staff leaving & especially Head Office not knowing what the hell is happening to its Customers in distant climes...
I have now carefully considered your comments, and I entirely agree. I believe that Hyundai produce excellent vehicles, but are Sales driven.
God help the customer with any vehicle fault.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 14:39:53 by Mike SX »

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England

The customer experience is everything, VW owners for example, don't keep going back for more because the cars are cheap, and we all know they are not fault free (or we should know) but the general trend from owners is that inside the Warranty... And to a degree beyond that, the customer gets looked after and feels their ownership experience overall is a good one.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Mike, Love the "bonnet up" avatar  :brilliant:

My wife, Trish would have given them a big dose in the same circumstances too  :whistler:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Too bad it's not an AMG 45, or whatever they're called, apparently, you'd have been given another car by now, so we are told.  :whistler:

Time for a nice long chronologically detailed letter to Hy Korea. Bypass HY UK, tell Korea that you have no confidence in the whole organisation, including UK senior management. Better still, get your wife to write it.

IMO you car is not fit for the purpose it was designed for and should be condemned and replaced, not repaired. Do you have consumer law protection, find out about your rights.

Unfortunately, of all the forum members I think you've had the longest running, most serious problem ever encountered and I wouldn't blame you from walking away from the brand. :'(

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Very well said Phil  :goodjob:

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Too bad it's not an AMG 45, or whatever they're called, apparently, you'd have been given another car by now, so we are told.  :whistler:

Time for a nice long chronologically detailed letter to Hy Korea. Bypass HY UK, tell Korea that you have no confidence in the whole organisation, including UK senior management. Better still, get your wife to write it.

IMO you car is not fit for the purpose it was designed for and should be condemned and replaced, not repaired. Do you have consumer law protection, find out about your rights.

Unfortunately, of all the forum members I think you've had the longest running, most serious problem ever encountered and I wouldn't blame you from walking away from the brand. :'(

Thanks everybody & and now an ordered reply to Phil,

Yesterday I covered the subject of a replacement vehicle with Hyundai (UK) and was told "No chance".

Hyundai (UK) have only recently been involved, they suggest Dealership ineptness/cover up. Next step Korea.

Of course the vehicle is not fit for purpose & is dangerous & unroadworthy, imagine this scenario: at 70mph on a crowded motorway, car suddenly slows to 20mph (depending on the gradient), absolute chaos & a good chance of a very bad accident - now who would be prosecuted, certainly not Hyundai (UK), the Dealer Principal or any of their Technicians. Yes me, with no accident record or endorsements ever.
As you have previously stated this is a Public Access Forum - open to all.

Naturally I agree with your final statement, at present I would never recommend the purchase of a Hyundai vehicle, simply because of the quite dreadful experiences I have had SINCE I purchased it almost 4 years ago, even the Radio emitted smoke, without all the other faults listed on various posts on this site.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Following my recent service I have just been asked to complete the usual Hyundai Customer Experience survey.

At the very end was a section asking if Hyundai UK could do anything more for me.

I've directed them to this very thread.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Following my recent service I have just been asked to complete the usual Hyundai Customer Experience survey.
At the very end was a section asking if Hyundai UK could do anything more for me.
I've directed them to this very thread.

Thanks Steve, I had a "Thank You for completing a Customer Experience Form" only last week - but I have never had one sent or ever completed one in my life.

Maybe, to spare anymore time wasted at the Dealership, Hyundai themselves kindly completed one for me,
See below:

Dear Mr xxxxx

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Customer Experience survey recently - we really appreciate your feedback. 
We’d like to stay in touch and let you know by email about special promotions and product developments that might be of interest. 
Your data will only be used by Hyundai Motor (UK) Ltd or our authorised dealers and repairers. Rest assured that we do not pass your data to third parties. 
Please click one of the buttons below to confirm your preference: 
Yes, please stay in touch.  No, please do not email me about products and promotions. 
Tony Whitehorn
 President and CEO
 Hyundai Motor UK Ltd. 

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 19:16:18 by Interphase »

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Quote from: Interphase link=topic=18716.msg258752#msg258752
Dear Mr xxxxx

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Customer Experience survey recently - we really appreciate your feedback. 
We’d like to stay in touch and let you know by email about special promotions and product developments that might be of interest. 
Your data will only be used by Hyundai Motor (UK) Ltd or our authorised dealers and repairers. Rest assured that we do not pass your data to third parties. 
Please click one of the buttons below to confirm your preference: 
Yes, please stay in touch.  No, please do not email me about products and promotions. 
Tony Whitehorn
 President and CEO
 Hyundai Motor UK Ltd.

I had this very same last week as well.

I completed a survey  this time last year re my buying experience when i bought my car.

Still waiting for a follow up reply to a comment/question i asked. Said had been referred to hq, presume korea, and would get back.

Since i indicated yes i've had 2 emails from the local new dealership inviting me re service and another re vip special offers car buying event next weekend.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England

Same here on the e-mails about servicing and Open days, even had an MoT reminder and its already been done. I had nothing back about my complaints I outlined in here though.

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

I had this very same last week as well.

A "Trip Advisor" Self Promoting exercise ?
Just who is completing these fictitious satisfaction surveys ? :confused:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
even had an MoT reminder

I think mine also had wording to the effect we can arrange your mot!!!

Car just 15 months old!!! Or do they know something about my car that i don't.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

Upon referring this problem to Hyundai (UK), they immediately reacted, contacted the Dealership Service Manager, and arranged the modifications/assistance, and despite his "no show", "seized the mantle", and repeated the technical guidance directly to the Workshop Technician.
A rear dashboard plug c/c connection was suspected, and, I believe, soldered.
I have been pleasantly surprised at their immediate response, it doesn't get much better than that !
The cruise control does not falter or waver, in any gear, fuel consumption has decreased, vehicle runs very smoothly - excellent, seems better than some other owners observations.

Hope it stays this way.

Now, will all the previous repair attempts be backcharged to the Dealer ?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal