i30 Owners Club

An interesting snippet

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
From my brother in law a well regarded Peugeot/Renault service agent and all round diesel head:

Just to let you know the neighbour has a 1.6l diesel Hyundai. It was a noisy engine and sounded a little ping like. We spoke and from what he told me it sounded like the pre injection squirt was too late or too much as it was returning 9l / 100 and noisy even on the overrun. There is a new software upgrade for the 1.6 cdi which needs care to get loaded. Just a note.

He described a ping noise and a little harshness in very light loads and on over run even free revving a rattle would just be heard coming back to idle. A little too much Pre Injection volume. Usually the pre injection is ½ the total injection volume but at exactly the right bloody time within ½ a crank degree between numbers like 148 btdc to 80 btdc. I believe Hyundai have purchased a lot of software and are using the EDC 15 or 16 Bosch system. No one can develop a new engine as quick as they seem to! Good news for everyone I reckon.

Having said all that, a 307 last week, 2006 model, EDC 15 C2 Bosch ecu. 1.6 l HDi  turbo. 6 speed manual sedan. 135000km. 1.3 tonne, or so?

For the last 10 000km. Average speed, 47 kph.

Fuel? 4.4 litres per 100 km. 64 mpg, my good man.

The last 306 in HDi ran the first lot of EDC 15 and in a local one at 375000km, 5 speed manual town car, is religiously 7.5 to 8.5 l/100. That is a 1.2 tonne car.

• i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Thanks, Keith, that's some good insight. Makes me happy with my 4.1L/100Km.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal