Hi all! First car questions

wkristen · 154 · 26980

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The boss said no to $13500  :disapp: Most they could do was drop it to $13900....

They will be hanging on to them for a while with that attitude  :fum:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Don't fall for that, tell them you'll wait and search other dealers, even in Brizzie if you have to. That will cause a rethink, I'm sure.  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Tell him that's alright , you found one for 12900 and if they want the deal, then they have to beat that price and 6mths rego....... they have a lot of leeway......its their profit margin their playing with......... if they don't want to play...just say thankyou ...its your loss of a sale and services down the road........

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good suggestion Neptune :goodjob:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Tell them nothing.

Ignore them.

They will call back with a better offer.

Or they wont.

Either way your better off putting your energy into looking for your car elsewhere.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
IMHO saying nothing doesn't leave them with a final thought or a comeback so they have something to work with.....if they don't like your counter offer, it will be their loss and they will have the sour taste in their mouth when they don't make their target for the month or quarter and lose some bonuses......

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I would have thought 13500 off 13990 was fairly reasonable.

I wouldn't be raising my offer, or communicating with them again. You gave an offer, they gave a counter offer of $13900.  Everyone knows where they stand.

Hopefully in a few days you will get a call, and old mate will have managed to 'talk the manager around'.

Worst case you can walk in there with your tail between your legs, knowing that you can get one for $13900. In the meantime, you get time to find a better one....

That they still use the old 'manager' ploy is a disgrace to everyone's intelligence.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
wkristen, sorry but as others have said I would be walking away from this dealership, you being very young they are trying to play you like a fiddle,since your thread has been started I have found many  cars well under the $13900,a fair few in Brissie,I personally would give them a final offer myself of No more than $13,000 then just start looking elsewhere, gord you can get a brand spanking new I20 here for $13,990 drive away no more to pay,mind you only 6 months license,that is just a standard dealer thing.

from what you have told us they all have their problems,they are ex rentals though fully maintained,by who Hyundai or the rental company themselves, according to Hyundai's specs,I would suspect the latter, Knowing large comapnies and how they dislike paying out money,I strongly suspect the rental co would do like our multinational trucking company does,servicing in house.

Just to recap, myself personally I would be giving them a final offer and then walking and looking further affeild,giving them time to get back to you,because they like I said are screwing with you, their end of month figures are of no concern of yours,under consumer laws they also have to once you have requested,as you have,give you reasonable time to have the vehicle inspected by an independant body,and 24 hrs is not a reasonable time in my book,they are plainly trying to force you into a decission,to benefit them,from what you have told us about these particular salesmen and Manager,I personally wouldn't be dealing with them,I have a bad bad feeling about them.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
next contact offer $13200
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

including 12  months rego!

Offline wkristen

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Thing is though is that there's a few 2009 models for sale that are advertised at $13990 or $13790, some 2011 models are advertised at $14000-$15000. I honestly don't know anymore.
  • i30 Active SX FD MY11

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

I honestly don't know anymore.

ok as there is no urgency take a step back and rethink what it is you want the car for.

reassess all options and start looking again

Offline wkristen

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Some of you might hate my decision - BUT - I officially own a Hyundai i30  :happydance:
What a mentally exhausting decision! Went there today to check the car out and confirm and it took about 2 and a quarter hours of negotiating. Turns out that Hertz didn't service the car at its regular intervals. Its first Hyundai service was at 36000 K's NOT 15000 therefore voiding any mechanical warranty (warranty was still valid on things like door handles, radio). As Toyota advertised the car as still having 'remaining new car warranty' the Manager rang up the big boss and asked what to do - So! - As written on the contract, Pacific Toyota is to cover any expenses for warranty services denied by Hyundai due to the missed 15000 K service for the remainder of the factory warranty (3 years).  :D
Was a very hard to decision to make! But it's ALL over!
  • i30 Active SX FD MY11

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Hmmm, welcome to the i30 owner's club. Whatever decision you've made, we hope your association with your car is enjoyable and trouble free.  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I don't think that's such a bad outcome. Well done and congratulations. Many happy days to you and your great car. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline wkristen

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
I don't think that's such a bad outcome. Well done and congratulations. Many happy days to you and your great car. :goodjob:
Hmmm, welcome to the i30 owner's club. Whatever decision you've made, we hope your association with your car is enjoyable and trouble free.  :goodjob2:

It was very hard for us to say yes as we didn't know whether to trust them. I wanted to make sure that contract was very thorough in explaining that Pacific Toyota would have to pay for it. Mum was VERY hesitant, so many variables. But in the end it was my decision to make.
Looking forward to driving it! (Going for my P's test in 2 weeks! Yes - still a Leaner) I drove it into an underground carpark :) That was still pretty awesome :)
  • i30 Active SX FD MY11

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

At least you went in with all the facts and lots of advice.

Congrats on your new car and please keep in touch.

We are here to help when and if you need us. Enjoy 

:goodjob:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
welcome to owning a I30,you'll find they are a great little car,so with the remaining warranty,you are able to go to Hyundai to have the car serviced and if there is any warranty work to be done,this Pacific Toyota is going to foot the bill or do you have to get the servicing and warranty work done by them.

anyhow enjoy
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline wkristen

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
welcome to owning a I30,you'll find they are a great little car,so with the remaining warranty,you are able to go to Hyundai to have the car serviced and if there is any warranty work to be done,this Pacific Toyota is going to foot the bill or do you have to get the servicing and warranty work done by them.

anyhow enjoy

If Hyundai say 'No, the warranty is voided for (whatever repair needs to be done under warranty) and you'll have to pay for the repairs' I show them the copy of the contract and give them Pacific Toyota Manager's number, they call them, and organise payment.
  • i30 Active SX FD MY11

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
with all those things going for you...what did you eventually bargain them down too?..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

anyhow enjoy

If Hyundai say 'No, the warranty is voided for (whatever repair needs to be done under warranty) and you'll have to pay for the repairs' I show them the copy of the contract and give them Pacific Toyota Manager's number, they call them, and organise payment.

Make multiple copies! ..and give one to you mum and one to your neighbour and one...  :snigger:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
... in a safe deposit box in a Cayman Islands bank. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Plus a copy in Switzerland.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

anyhow enjoy

Cool good deal then, thought you'd be out driving instead of talking to us  :snigger:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Mum was VERY hesitant,

Well that salesperson had to do some work to earn his commission today ...

Given the lack of problems reported on this site I doubt whether you will need to go back to them for a warranty fix...

All we need now are the pics of the new car...

Offline wkristen

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Will do when I can bring it home. Currently at my mother's as it has to be returned next week to finish the remaining paint touch ups....  :rolleyes:
  • i30 Active SX FD MY11

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Will do when I can bring it home. Currently at my mother's as it has to be returned next week to finish the remaining paint touch ups....  :rolleyes:

:goodjob:

Offline wkristen

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
So the car only came with one key, with the tag labelled the car's model and the other side advertising these guys http://www.tomcowleslocksmiths.com.au/a/Home
It was a rental car, what would have happened to the original(s)?
Anyway, I want to get another made for it, with or without the remote. Thinking I should go back to these guys to get it done. Does anyone know if the majority of locksmiths (and locksmith/shoe repairers in some cases) hold the technology to cut keys with remotes?
  • i30 Active SX FD MY11

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal