i30 Owners Club

Add DRLs to the Australian version of the 2012 model Hyundai i30

Zoom · 1 · 1448

Offline Zoom

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Dandenong, Melbourne
Hi All!

I didnt want to bump an old thread, so I thought I would re invigorate the topic of installing DRLs to the Gen 2 I30.

The old thread was last posted in 12 months ago, so I am interested if anyone else has performed this mod since then?  I am especially interested if anyone has used a different brand to what martybrisbania used for the original mod?  It seems that everyone that has made the mod has commented that the LED is not as bright as expected.  I am not convinced that the DRL's marty used were OEM, but in the end its the brightness that counts here.  I am going to seek out other brands and do more research.

I think it should be important (as is with buying LED torches) that seeking from the seller, the luminosity value in "lumens" of the LED light output.  For example, I would not buy a LED torch under 1000 lumens, or would not even buy one without knowing the luminosity.

I am going to inquire about this with various suppliers, in the mean time, has anyone used a different brand? and if so how are they?

ZOOM!
  • 2012 I30 Premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal