i30 Owners Club

Auto window upgrade

nugget · 20 · 9683

Offline nugget

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Cobbitty, NSW
So I have the 2011 SX with only the front driver window being one touch auto down. How hard and how much would it be to change the front two Windows to one touch up and down? Is it just a change of switches or is it a whole wiring job? Any how to's?
  • 2011 FD SX 5 Door Hatch, Petrol, Auto, Red

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
There are no how to's for this item.

Like all things, the possibility is limited only by your ability to buy / organize or build what is required to complete the job.

However, I find it much easier to simply press the button.

Here is the circuit diagram for the switch in the FD 2012 model.

:link: auto power window fd 2012.pdf - Google Drive

Basically, on the driver's window channel, there is a hall effect sensor which signals through the ECU that the window is in the down position and energy to the motor is cut off. The sensor is NOT fitted to any other windows, so there is no auto motor cut off. You would not be advised to mess with the ECU under any circumstances.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I'm fairly confident in saying that the BCM (not the ECU) would need some attention, as the window controls are filtered through that system.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
I'm fairly confident in saying that the BCM (not the ECU) would need some attention, as the window controls are filtered through that system.

Yes it goes to the ECU 1st, then on to the BCM as well.  :D

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
I did not have this, so I cannot provide details of installation.
Some of our local members installed this. So far as I know, you'll need to buy the kit (for i30) (from China) and install. It comes with a box, wiring and manual. Just follow the instruction to install. During the process, you will need to cut some original wires. In addition to one-touch up & down function, it also has some other interesting functions working with your remote key fob.  :D

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
Chinese, they think of everything.  :faint: :goodjob2:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
I did not have this, so I cannot provide details of installation.
Some of our local members installed this. So far as I know, you'll need to buy the kit (for i30) (from China) and install. It comes with a box, wiring and manual. Just follow the instruction to install. During the process, you will need to cut some original wires. In addition to one-touch up & down function, it also has some other interesting functions working with your remote key fob.  :D
That is pretty cool. That is something that I do miss - on the other cars I have driven you hold the lock button in for say two seconds and it closes all your windows. Holding the unlock button for the same period lowers your driver door a bit for ventilation - nice if you are chatting to a friend while standing outside your car and you want to get some fresh air in there in the mean time.

EDIT: I long for the day that we can add 'modules' to our cars via a USB drive or something. Let's say you just upload firmware on a flash drive that you can purchase from someone that adds a beep sound when you lock and unlock, auto up and down windows, modify the climate control behaviour, etc.

It would make car ownership pretty epic :)
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I'm not electro brain,but personally I find that feature annoying,but I would like it if when you turned the key off and if any of the windows were down they would wind up automatically.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline nugget

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Cobbitty, NSW
Thanks guys. That's another future project added to the list
  • 2011 FD SX 5 Door Hatch, Petrol, Auto, Red

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
I'm not electro brain,but personally I find that feature annoying,but I would like it if when you turned the key off and if any of the windows were down they would wind up automatically.

Here I borrow the video from the admin of our local forum.  :D

with that device, windows will close automatically when you lock the car.
:link: MVI_0215.AVI - YouTube

If the weather is hot, you can also open the windows for vent in advance before you get into the car.
:link: MVI_0216.AVI - YouTube

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
What if you have a dog and her head is sticking out  :question:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
What if you have a dog and her head is sticking out  :question:
You'll be needing a new dog :(

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
 :whistler: :snigger:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
 :lol:
Ask a silly question............ :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
I did this about a year ago and I love it, it uses a separate module and most of it is plug and play. The kit is made for LHD cars and I was told it wouldn't work but it does work in RHD the only issue is my rear passenger window doesn't have 1 touch down, but all the rest have one touch up and down and they all roll up when the car is lock which is really cool.

:link: Auto window roll up module
  • Hyundai i30

Offline rcflyers

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
I bought an auto window control module for my 2009 i30 1.6 CRDi  but the Instructions are in Chinese.
There is a plug in wiring loom (looks easy enough) and 3 extra wires, a red wire with an inline 20A fuse (live 12v?) and a purple and grey which apparently connect to the door locking circuit.

Can anyone confirm this please?

• Getz i30

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
Red would be the constant 12v yeah, I'm pretty sure grey is for lock and the other would be unlock but I can't confirm this... where did you buy the module from? I didn't have a really good instruction diagram but I can't seem to find it sorry.
  • Hyundai i30

Offline rcflyers

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
I bought this one   :link: Hyundai ix35 i30 glass lift car device automatically rise window device shut window device modern free shipping-inWindow

I have wired in the red wire to a 12v supply in the fuse box, thanks.

However,
When I am sat in the car and press the window buttons the back windows will now work auto up and down as they should.

The front windows will not work auto up and the drivers window will work auto down as it did before.

The passenger window will not auto down

I'm not sure what to do next?

• Getz i30

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
I'm not to sure sorry might have to bring out the multimeter and do some probing...
  • Hyundai i30

Offline rcflyers

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      UK
I have attached a pdf file of the instructions that the supplier has just translated for me.
  • Getz i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal