i30 Owners Club

2014 I30 GD Audio Upgrade

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hey guys, in relation to my earlier post, I got a quote from a Hyundai dealer for $800 for the factory Hyundai fold out reverse camera, colour coded to my car.

For now I've already upgraded to head unit to a Pioneer avhp8450, giving me Bluetooth, iPod, DVD, etc all on a 7 inch screen.
I'll be changing my front splits to a set of Focal Ps165 performance splits with front doors being fully sound deadened. At this stage I'm unsure whether to keep rear speakers, or lose them and run the splits active. They'll be ran off a Rockford fosgate T400.4 4ch amplifier.

If I go ahead with rear speakers, they will probly be a set of alpine type r coaxials, however either way the rear doors will be fully sound deadened also, regardless of speakers being in there or not.

Next there will also be a Rockford fosgate p3s 12inch shallow sub, running off a Rockford fosgate T400.1 mono amplifier. I chose to stay with this sub instead of turning to a full size 10inch to keep box size minimal and it also provided heaps of bass (low frequency as well) in my single cab hilux.

I can't wait to have it all completed, I'll keep everyone up to date, also if anyone needed a hand with there upgrades don't hesitate to ask. I'd be more then glad to help.

Until next time
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Just as a matter of interest, what sound system do you use at home :question:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hey Phil,

I don't have any sound system at home haha,
I don't spend enough time watching tv to have one.
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I  C   :D
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Fosgate subs are nice :D the  Focals aren't bad either, personally I prefer MB Quart for mids and tweeters but either way it'll sound nice :goodjob2:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:41:14 by CraigB »

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Everything come out of my Hilux so I can't wait to see what it's like in a hatch, I'll post pics as soon as I work out how to upload on here, bleeps saying photos are too big as they're coming straight from my phone)
Everyone thinks the unit is factory upon first look, the dash kit really is a perfect fit, and matches the piano black finish to a T 😁
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Everything come out of my Hilux so I can't wait to see what it's like in a hatch, I'll post pics as soon as I work out how to upload on here, bleeps saying photos are too big as they're coming straight from my phone)
Everyone thinks the unit is factory upon first look, the dash kit really is a perfect fit, and matches the piano black finish to a T 😁
Sounds gr8. On pc and laptop you can host pix via photo bucket or similar, but never tried via TT or a phone...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline SWDXING

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Let us know how the progress goes. I am also in the about to start the process of replacing the stereo system in my GD i30 with a new single-din Pioneer head unit and replacing the stock door speakers with 6" Pioneer 3-way speakers. :)

Just waiting for the harness to arrive. BTW, the antenna plug in the 2013 i30 has the standard plug to it. No adapter needed.
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 1.8lt Petrol

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Yeah that's right mate, standard din antenna, can also use a Pacswrc interface to retain the steering wheel controls 😜
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Offline SWDXING

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Do you know if there is any antenna amplifier module in the GD i30 ? When I dissected the old 5" head unit, I found a little device that was straight before the antenna jack labelled "AR-320". Not sure whether this is an amplifier or something, or if a relay to the antenna is opened when the head unit powers up.

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
From your aftermarket unit, use the power antenna trigger (usually a solid blue, sometimes blue/white) to the antenna pin in the factory plug and then you'll be right.
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Offline SWDXING

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
In mine there is just the banana style antenna plug, no wires coming off it. I have installed a single-din Pioneer head unit, and FM reception has increased a huge amount... It's amazing what a new head unit can do! The antenna plug/cable is a tight squeeze, but it all slotted into the din nicely.

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
The power antenna trigger is in the plug the speaker wires are in, along with illumination.
Constant 12v, accessories, ground, and steering wheel controls are in the other plug.
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal