i30 Owners Club

Handbrake

Offline magicRob

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Continental Silver i30 SR
Anyone else notice that when the handbrake has been engaged, there is a slight roll back (less than 2% of a wheel turn) before it catches and holds? Seems a little odd to me....

bez10y
Yeah, it does that on mine sometimes, though mainly only on really steep inclines.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
We had a chat about this before... something to do with disc brakes having their own holding pattern.. Can't find the thread but I found this thread  regarding a useful method of handbrake application, which might help :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline magicRob

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Continental Silver i30 SR
Ah... Couldn't find that thread :)

ouri30
We had a chat about this before... something to do with disc brakes having their own holding pattern.. Can't find the thread but I found this thread  regarding a useful method of handbrake application, which might help :)

Shambles, Now who's memory man?  :lol: 

Actually, I think you will find that the i30 handbrake operates on a separate drum braking system on the rear wheels, not on the disc brakes.  I think that is why there is rolback.  When the footbake lets go, there is a small amount of movement before the drum brake takes hold.

Bob

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
the hand brake runs off the inside of the disk rotor.it runs a small drum brake setup.any one thats worked on a vn to vt commodore  will know what i mean. steve.  :eek:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Just about all disc brake cars use that type hand brake, i have had no problem and have not needed it adjusting as yet, 37,000k just over one year.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal