i30 Owners Club

windscreen wash not working

alfie · 16 · 18411

Offline alfie

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Scotland
Morning....Im sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but would greatly appreciate some direction if anyone can help...

I have a 2010 I30 Crdi model, when using the windscreen wash there is no water being pumped out...not to the front or back windscreen. Nor is there any noise being made...im not sure if this means its the pump or a fuse??

Hope you can help...thanks in advance!
  • Hyundai I30 2010 Crdi

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcum: Alfie.

Would be a good idea to put your location in your profile (some places get different warranties) I've worked out you are in the UK so guessing you still have warranty left?

The washer motors do occasionally fail, but it would be best to check fuses under the dash and in the engine bay before getting Hyundai to check it.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline alfie

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Scotland
Hi, ok..have added im in the UK (Scotland) !! Yes there is still some warranty I think..will need to check as I think I maybe overdue a service (not sure if this invalidates the warranty). Are the fuses easy to locate? thanks for your help!
  • Hyundai I30 2010 Crdi

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Fuse box by your right knee.

Probably the washer pump if no noise from it .

Have you checked the fluid in the tank because it can thicken if you have used washer fluid.

And not forgetting the cold weather....... the water has not frozen if no additives in the water..
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Mine is a UK MY2010 i30.   I believe that some of the fuses are inside the drivers door forward jam and these are easy to access.   Not sure if the washer motor fuse is there, do you not have the user manual?

I am very reluctant to ask this, but I know that someone will, and it is the sort of dopy thing I would be guilty of, you have checked the water level in the washer bottle haven't you.   No offense intended.

:scared: :scared: :scared:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
As an afterthought, and I haven't checked the difficulty level, I don't imagine that replacing the washer bottle with a salvaged unit would be to onerous a job, by which I mean, no need to panic is there.

good luck

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I'm gonna plum for failed pump. My 2008 crdi had 2 replacements during its life. I seem to remember it was a common fail point.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
100% can't hear the pump? They're not easily heard from in the cabin.
If you have warranty don't even worry yourself with it. Overdue for service shouldn't matter for the washer pump.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline alfie

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Scotland
thanks for all the replies so fast!! There is definitely no noise whatsoever when I try to spray the water...no offence taken, yes I have checked the water level...up here in freezing scotland its very common that the water freezes but not this time! Im wondering if trying to spray the water when its frozen could have created this problem in the first place...anyway..I will have a look at the fuses first..then if I cant locate/identify it then im handing this problem over to my husband to fix! Thanks again.

Might be back in touch in a bit!
  • Hyundai I30 2010 Crdi

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I once operated the washer in my 2010 i30 without realising the water was frozen in the spray jets - windscreen and rear hatch.

I poured some hot water on the jets and the windscreen washers worked OK. But the rear washers didn't.

I then noticed water coming out of the bottom of the rear hatch and realised the piping to the washers inside the hatch had been forced adrift. The dealer put it right.

Fortunately the pump survived the maltreatment.

• 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
I've had to replace the pump in my i30 (when I had one) courtesy of a wallaby that decided that it wanted to test the breaking ability of the i30 (the wallaby lost).  It wasn't a hard job, if a little fiddly (went in behind the front right wheel and removed the plastic guard.  However, if it is still under warranty, get Hyundai to do it.

Offline alfie

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Scotland
Ok, so I have easily located the fuse box inside the car, and looked at the users manual but I cant see which fuse is for the screen wash pump/motor on the list....does anyone know which/where this fuse is likely to be?
 :-[
  • Hyundai I30 2010 Crdi

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Just went out to see in my 2008 so I could show you where it's located.

There's almost 4 full pages about fuses, but no mention about any washer whatsoever... :disapp:

Can the pump be connected to one of the wiper fuses, front or rear..? Does the wipers work.. :question:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline alfie

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Scotland
Hi! Thanks for your help. Yes the wipers do work, I thought the same so I checked the wiper reali fuses but theyre fine... I have ordered a replacement motor but am still no wiser re the fuse location 😬
  • Hyundai I30 2010 Crdi

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
According to schematics, the washer circuit is protected by the Front Washer Fuse 25 Amps, located in the passenger compartment fuse block.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal