i30 Owners Club

Bluetooth radio in FD

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Does the unit say FD-01 in the left corner?

Not sure if this will work on the FD-01. But on the Getz we had the bluebooth would sometimes play up. We would disconnect the headunit from power... Be the battery or fuse. It would reset it and start working again.

Also check you firmware is up to date. Do this by:

1. Plug in a cable into the AUX in the console
2. Select AUX mode
3. Press 1 and I think its 3 at the same time. (If 3 doesnt work try 1 with the other numbers)
4. It should pop up with FD-01 Version, then give you 3 sets of numbers.
5. Check that they match the pic attached. These are the most up to date firmware versions. (Straight from Cartronics themselves) - if they are different as Hyundai update these at your next service. This should be free of charge with your service.

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline iimech

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
yes, it has the FD-01 in the radio.

I tried the battery disconnection before, it didn't help.

I will try the AUX and cable trick to see how it goes.

Cheers
  • 2011 FD i30CW 2.0L

Offline iimech

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
OK, My FD-01 has the following version only:

MCU=0.2
CPU=008
DFU=0.00

Looks like they are outdated. :(

edit: To get these numbers, need to press 1 and 6 together on my radio.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:00:37 by iimech »
  • 2011 FD i30CW 2.0L

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
OK, My FD-01 has the following version only:

MCU=0.2
CPU=008
DFU=0.00

Looks like they are outdated. :(

edit: To get these numbers, need to press 1 and 6 together on my radio.

I am suspicious of DFU=0.00 - while software/firmware starting with a 'major' version number of '0' is pretty standard, almost always the 'minor' version numbers will start at 1... e.g. 0.1; 0.01; 0.0.1; or similar.

I suspect either the module isn't communicating for some reason or has somehow lost it's firmware.   If it is the second then - hopefully the firmware doesn't do the firmware updates (but is done by a boot-strap) - it maybe a 'simple' matter of getting the firmware updated.

TMI: Generally a version of 0.00 being given is usually an indication of an issue - which may, or may not, be a fault - such as: module not present or module not responding/communicating - generally indistinguishable if the software is only trying to 'talk' to it... except the former may be expected, while the latter usually isn't desired; Or module is responding but has errored, lost functionality/programming or is waiting for upload (e.g. some usb devices get their 'firmware' - or a new version to be used in place of a hard-coded version - loaded from the OS driver each time they are connected)... the first two are undesirable, while the last one maybe expected (unless it doesn't happen).   Except for firmware upload - these states can equally apply to purely software situations... e.g. software 'plugin' modules; software talking over a network, etc.

• 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
So I suppose a question is:

Will you be able to get the/a service center to actually perform a firmware update/upload?   To see if it will fix the issue.   Assuming they can get copies of them - in firmware it isn't unknown for only updates to be available - no updates results in no firmware available to reinstall (because 'why' would you ever need the original firmware?!?)

Or will you take up them up on the $280 to replace it?

Another option, though I don't think it will have an effect, is you could try taking the headunit's front-panel off (warning there is also a flex cable - which you probably won't want to undo) and putting it back on again (to re-seat the connector pins in the rigid connectors).   The reason I don't think it will have any effect is that connectors seem well designed, with sprung contacts on one part and blade contacts on the other, and it would be unlucky for an issue to only effect one function totally and none of the others.   Of course this also involves removing the headunit and you will need to enter the security code (which can be determined from S/N and info here.

Offline Owni30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Queensland
I found the the Cartronics link to the FD-01 Instruction Manual PDF here:-

http://www.cartronics.net.au/uploads/models/1313114550_FD-01%20-%20User%20Manual%20%28final%29.pdf

which downloaded the instruction manual direct to my iPad.

The link was published on Google, so I guess it is OK to list it here.
  • 2010 FD SX 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, Sky Blue

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I found the the Cartronics link to the FD-01 Instruction Manual PDF here:-

http://www.cartronics.net.au/uploads/models/1313114550_FD-01%20-%20User%20Manual%20%28final%29.pdf

which downloaded the instruction manual direct to my iPad.

The link was published on Google, so I guess it is OK to list it here.

Other links, and a copy of the cartronics one in a dropbox, can also be found in this post/thread.

Well that entire site is password protected at least entry via. the home page, but it seems they didn't do a great job (or they hadn't at the time)... being that Google has spidered it at some point.   I don't know if they will be checking logs or otherwise detecting the access of the documents without credentials.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal