Author Topic: HOW TO: FD Body - Remove/Replace/Swap OEM (2DIN) headunit  (Read 18622 times)

• au Australia
    NSW
Re: HOW TO: FD Body - Remove/Replace/Swap OEM (2DIN) headunit
« Reply #31 : May 13, 2020, 08:03:05 »
I looked into getting something similar, in the end, I just purchased the "Aerpro"  surround to suit the screen 7" screen. its a universal kit and just cut a hole in the existing dash.

I figured if I stuffed it , I would just get a replacement from a wreck
  • 2009  FD SR 5 Door Hatch, petrol 2.0lt, Auto, Red

• Author of War & Peace
  • Author
  • au Australia
    Brisbane
« Reply #32 : June 03, 2020, 10:47:06 »
Cheers for the reply, I've got a kmart dongle thats doing the job, charge port is on the back though so hard to mount anywhere semi permanent.  Might trawl ebay for one with a side charge port and double side tape it somewhere more suitable.

I can confirm as per The Gonz advice - I did it myself in my old FD i30.  Basically a plug and play swap (assuming your factory head-unit isn't an PA-760 - the FD-01 apparently can't replace the PA-760... something to do with an amp).

There was a text write up here about swapping - :link: Hi & Swap out of I30 Stereo. - I added comments (apparently) pointing to topics which included how to calculate the lock-code and adjust a setting or two.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

• Melbourne
« Reply #33 : June 12, 2020, 00:59:33 »
I have a 2009 FD in Australia, I'm thinking of swapping out the radio for one from a wrecked 2011 model that has factory bluetooth.  Seems to me it would be a simple straight swap, anyone know for sure?
Thanks.

Hey yeah i gave this a go. I swapped it out and had to pay a dealership $60 for a security code, and all of that worked out. but there was no sound coming out of it. the guy at the dealer thought it couldve been a broken radio. So I mean it might work but i would say try to test the radio works first before paying to get the code.
  • 2009 SR i30

• au Australia
    Hoppers Crossing,Melbourne
« Reply #34 : June 20, 2020, 02:00:48 »
Hi there I am trying to get my steering wheel controls to work just wondering if I am doing it right I believe that it is the two lower pins on the green plug is that correct I’m trying to wire in a kenwood dpx-5200bt, it has three wires  thank you for your help

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 02:12:51 by siri30 » »
  • 2010 FD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol, 2.0lt , Manual , Red

• Author of War & Peace
  • Author
  • au Australia
    Brisbane
« Reply #35 : July 10, 2020, 23:48:35 »
I have a 2009 FD in Australia, I'm thinking of swapping out the radio for one from a wrecked 2011 model that has factory bluetooth.  Seems to me it would be a simple straight swap, anyone know for sure?
Thanks.

Hey yeah i gave this a go. I swapped it out and had to pay a dealership $60 for a security code, and all of that worked out. but there was no sound coming out of it. the guy at the dealer thought it couldve been a broken radio. So I mean it might work but i would say try to test the radio works first before paying to get the code.

I hate to tell you this... and I mention it more to warn others... sorry....

The Security Code can be calculated for free - see :link: FD-01 Headunit - Priced New

And if the S/N on the outside of an FD-01 (the one with factory bluetooth) unit is gone - it is also stuck inside the lid of the unit (as per a couple of posts further down the thread).
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal