i30 Owners Club

Tweeter Speaker Assembly for i30 FD

Offline i30niko

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      ADELAIDE, SA, AUSTRALIA
Hi guys,
I found a genuine Tweeter Speaker assembly from ebay for i30 FD
:link: Hyundai I30 2007 2012 Genuine Brand NEW Front LH RH Tweeter Speaker Assembly | eBay
I would like to ask if anyone has done or had a look behind the door panel and knows if:

1. is there a wire for the tweeter speakers to plug in or does wiring work needed
2. Any other modifications or back-plate/drilling needed?

REGARDS!
  • 2010 i30 diesel SX auto

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
It will mount up with no modifications but I dont know if it is prewired. Might be but you'd need to drop the door trim off.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline i30niko

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      ADELAIDE, SA, AUSTRALIA
Hi,
I am planning to move the door trim as I will be also changing the front speakers however
is there a wire behind the trim for the tweeter to plug in?
REGARDS
  • 2010 i30 diesel SX auto

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Checkout the PDF posted by the author, elantraelite, of the topic: :link: FD Speaker Replacement - Detailed Guide - found by "tweeter" in the Custom Google Site Search

Page 5 onwards is about tweeters - page 6 shows added wiring leading from a crossover up to the tweeters.

I assume it was done because the wiring isn't there.   Instead of being it is there - just not connected to anything and/or a cross-over (that could be possible - if a crossover was built into the door speaker itself and only installed in i30s with the tweeters).

I also assume removing the blank triangle plate will be the same as with the tweeter plates (without needing to disconnect wires) - description here regarding (tweeter) plate removal... :link: HOW TO: Remove and replace i30 side mirror including it's housing - slight different method give here just above the last image in the post :link: External rear vision mirror

Possibly the best, and quickest way to know, is take the blank out and see if there is a 2-contact connector (of some sort) there - if no one can advise.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 16:56:37 by ibrokeit »
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal