i30 Owners Club

Fd parts catalogue & Gd repair manual

sundiz · 4 · 6454

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
I noticed that there is and EPC for Hyundai in emanualonline.com for sale. (:link: Hyundai Electronic Parts Catalogue)  Has anyone used it? Or does anyone know how these work in general? There is a mention that you can find parts with the VIN number. That would be nice, because I would assume you get the right parts with that every time. It is hard to find right spare parts without the dealer. Especially if you want to byu parts from ebay or koraps the oem part number would help a lot. 10 pounds for epc sounds really tempting. I have the repair manual from the same place and that has been saving me hundreds of euros in repairs...

Due some lucky happenings a brand new 2015 i30 cw 1.6 gdi 6at became part of my family fleet. Feels quite improvement when compared to my old fd diesel, which feels now more like a tractor now... That is of course under the 5 year warranty, and you are not "allowed" to do any service by yourself. Are there any good repairmanuals for the Gd models like there is for the Fd (GDS)?
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Would love to find a repair manuals for my GD aswell
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
I just got the Hyundai EPC software downloaded. It was only 10£ so I thought why not... I have never used one before, but I must say that it seems that bying spare parts just came a lot easier for me. I did a quick search with my car VIN number in the program and all the data seemed to be correct with my car (manufacturing date, color, country where it was sold etc.). I also did a quick check with some parts I have bought from Hyundai dealer and the part numbers were exactly same. The EPC software gave me the same parts (part numbers) as the dealer had sold me. Now I should be able to find most of the needed parts from the good old interwebs with the actual part number.

It looks like I will get my money back with the first part order: Fuel filter from local dealer ~60€, from internet (KORAPS) ~30$. I guess I'll be ordering all normal OEM parts from there or ebay. It is so much cheaper.

I did not have speedometer/instrument cluster light dimmer. In my opinion the instrument light was too bright in night time. The winter is coming and it gets pretty dark in here, so I ordered rheostat/dimmer from koraps. It only took 10 days to get from Korea to Finland. And the best part was that it only took 5 minutes to assemble, thanks to the information (part number and instructions) found from this awesome forum: :link: Dashboard rheostat illumination control
Now I have a dimmable speedometer also. :D

EPC and the service manual are probably one of the best things I have bought for the car. They have and will save me a lot of money when servicing and getting the parts DIY way.

The EPC software is similar to the repair/shop manual. It's a large file (virtual computer with a actual Hyundai EPC software).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:25:02 by sundiz »
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That sounds like a great pickup sundiz  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal