i30 Owners Club

Recall Advice. 2010 FD

Offline James875

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, NSW
Hey guys,
Our i30 is going into a dealership soon because the cruise has stopped working?
The service guy suggested that it might be a stop light switch? Apparently there was a recall? so its free  :happydance: :happydance:
Anyway Our little monster never had it done? I was reading about other recalls on the car and there is two others I could see steering and ESC.
 Am i wrong in thinking they will also do those while they are at it or do i have to specifically ask, Also is there any way of telling if they are done or not?

• MY10 i30 Diesel

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I'd ask.  And ask for details if they say yours isn't affected. Recalls are generally dictated by VIN details.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline James875

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, NSW
Awesome, Will do. I checked the vin and its between the affected vin numbers for the esp recall?  I called them again and apparently the only two recalls are some power steering software update and  the brake light switch. ??
I emailed the guy I bought the car off and he told me they definitely had the stop light switch replaced by Hyundai? Maybe it was before the recall? He sent me through a list of stuff they had replaced on it under warranty too :)
  • MY10 i30 Diesel

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
There were some cases IIRC where the wrong replacement switch was used. It didn't allow for the fact that some (like mine) had factory CC fitted.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
There were some cases IIRC where the wrong replacement switch was used. It didn't allow for the fact that some (like mine) had factory CC fitted.

Yes, that is correct Trevor!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
and some pre recall where they would have replaced the switch under warranty with the defective switch as the extent of the fault had not been identified.

I got mine done on the CW after identifying the fault from information on this fine forum. Then a couple of months later, a recall ment it needed to be done again with the new wizz bang part.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Then a couple of months later, a recall ment it needed to be done again with the new wizz bang part.

So in summary, if it doesn't wizz and bang you probably have the old part...  :whistler: :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Exactly..... :mrgreen:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal