i30 Owners Club

PD SR Premium (1.6 TGDI 7 Speed DCT)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
you could probably find a simple way to monitor that, but if the run high boost that is hi dynamic compression, so needs better fuel they probably have a set up to take timing out to stop detonation. but if you run low obtain fuel the motor would not perform as well. thats compromise the boost give you grunt at low rev.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
you could probably find a simple way to monitor that, but if the run high boost that is hi dynamic compression, so needs better fuel they probably have a set up to take timing out to stop detonation. but if you run low obtain fuel the motor would not perform as well. thats compromise the boost give you grunt at low rev.

@Lakes

Check this link out John, you would understand the info in this Elantra thread (same motor) better than I would..

:link: Stock Tune Information - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline MIY

• 2nd Gear

• ro Romania
      Pitesti

The SR only has a 50 litre tank and the very best you could expect in ideal conditions (for a whole tank) is low 6's (which I'll never see in Tassie)

I'm guessing Bob might see 750 out of a tank occasionally (in ideal conditions) but if I get 700 I'll be more than happy.

Don't know if I can accept the challenge as I'd need the car for a few long trips by myself.  Sue tends to want to do most of the driving.  I guess 750 is possible. We'll have to wait and see.

Bob

Yes, it's a pitty they've made such a small tank. I'll be happy to see (at least in BC) a 700 KM range. I'm thinking to change from 95 to 100 Octane, even though since my previous experiences that will run away faster.
  • 2017 i30 1.4 T-GDI

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
Filled up again today.  Trip computer showed 638.4 km with a consumption of 6.5 l/100km (more about this figure later). DTE was 29 km. 

The fill took 46.7 litres, so looks to me like the DTE is about spot on.

But, not so the consumption figure.  I calculate that to be 7.3 l/100km.

It's my experience that petrol refills are not really exacting.  With diesel, particularly low foam varieties, it's easier to fill to the brim and get a more accurate figure.

I'm toying with the idea of testing out a maximum distance for a tank.  For those in SA who know the trip out of Adelaide up the SE Freeway to Murray Bridge, this will mean a little more. After the refill in Adelaide the DTE was 699km.  When I arrived home I'd travelled 136km and the DTE was 612km. From this a figure of 750km for a tank is a possibility with conservative economic driving.

Bob
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

What setting are you driving on Bob, eco?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

@Lakes

Check this link out John, you would understand the info in this Elantra thread (same motor) better than I would..

:link: Stock Tune Information - Hyundai Elantra Sport Turbo Forum

hi dazz they said under full load, thats flat out , so doubt you and bob would be giving your cars that type of driving. to me 10psi boost pressure is high, you do not want higher than that. but those guys probably young racers that take things to limits. does not always work how they plan. they are just computer experts not tuners. if you drive normal 91 might be ok just don't put it under full load. if I had one I would run 98 bp as better for motor or 95. but we don't know how accurate those estimates are still they are performance boost as a low boost turbo runs at about 5pounds of boost, the higher the boost pressure the more stress on motor. I have seen guys tuning 19 pounds but thats high need good fuel they used race fuel with 19 pound have seen higher I've also see high boost pressure bend the crank .
they sound like a fun car to drive,
bob with diesel does not expand when it gets hot petrol does so can't brim petrol like diesel unless you are on a long trip and will be using it faster than normal.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cheers John. She seems to like 95 (E10) I think I've noticed a difference so will try to use E10 wherever possible. 98 is nearly 20c dearer down here, so doubt I'll use that. I don't drive mine hard.  :cool:

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
We've mostly used 'Normal' and a little on 'Eco'.  I'm not noticing a lot of difference when driving on relatively flat roads.  There's a difference driving in the hills or up a the freeway from Adelaide where 'Eco' takes longer to respond to the throttle.

We're using cruise control on the open road set mostly on 100-110 kph.

Haven't tried fuels other than 91 unleaded.

Re the boost, if anyone has a Scangauge II (with latest firmware), it reads boost pressure (manifold - atmospheric). I've got one set up in my Amarok, but not keen to fit it to the PD presently as I'd need to disconnect the Auto Link.

By the way, my Auto Link App is now showing more detai.  Under Statistics (Eco Driving), community average comparisons Now appear.

Bob
  • i30 PD SR Premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal