i30 Owners Club

2017 i30 DCT transmission replacement at 30,000km

Offline Jess1973

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
I'm at my wits end. I have a 2017 i30 PD, dual clutch transmission hatchback, and last year I had to have the entire transmission replaced after only having driven 30,000km (I am the only owner and don't drive it like an idiot). The issue was that the orange lights on the dashboard would light up, and when I put the car into reverse or drive, it would not move. Sometimes it revved, other times it did not.

The cost - which was covered by Hyundai, thankfully - was around $8000. I had to pay for labour ($800)  :blubber:

Last week, I turn my car on, I have a dashboard full of orange lights and the telltale not moving when I put it into reverse. It's undriveable because it's not safe, and I've also lost power while I've been driving (really unsafe). I'm really not sure what to do if it needs *another* replacement transmission. Has this happened to anyone else? The odometer now sits around 32,000km and I find this completely unacceptable.

Photo for reference.

• 2017 i30 SR, 5 Door Hatch, 1.6L petrol, DCT

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
oh man... that's pretty rough.  It sounds like the DCT was not the issue to start with. 
Why did they charge you $800 labour?  It's not as though you could have walked up to the parts counter and buy a DCT to fit it yourself as an option.

Ignore the warranty period.  You as the consumer have a right to expect certain things when they buy a product or service. In consumer law, these basic rights are called consumer guarantees.  Your rights are protected under consumer law and Hyundai can't walk away from it.

There is NO warranty period under Aust consumer law. Consumer guarantees are automatic and can’t be taken away. Warranties are extra promises that a business can choose to make on top of the consumer guarantees.

Hyundai has to remedy this either, replace, repair or refund.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal