i30 Owners Club

Boot liner for i30 tourer (genuine vs Fit My Car)

Offline caprimulgus

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hey, just about to pick up a 2013 Elite Tourer (GD), and am looking for a boot liner.

From what I have gleamed in other threads (for other i30 models), it seems that the genuine Hyundai boot liners are not non-slip, so items will slide around in the back. Whereas, Fit My Car list theirs as being non-slip.

Anyone had experience with these genuine and Fit My Car boot mats? Is there really any difference? (Pretty much the same price)

Genuine:
:link: GENUINE HYUNDAI GD i30 2012-2016 TOURER WAGON POLY RUBBER CARGO LINER BOOT MAT | eBay

Aftermarket (Fit My Car):
:link: Hyundai i-30 Wagon 2012-Current | Boot Liner - FitMyCar - AUS | FitMyCar - AUS | FitMyCar

Any thoughts welcome!

Cheers
  • 2013 GD Elite Tourer CRDi, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That's a good price for the genuine, usually $134, cant see there being much difference between the two :undecided:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
There is a third option... Cut to size from Repco ($50 on special)

:link: Repco Rubber Boot Mat Large Black - RPBMBLK2 | REPCO | BRANDS | Repco Australia

Autobarn $25

:link: Streetwize Boot Mat 1200mm X 820mm

or Supercheap under $30

:link: Boot Mats / Cargo Liners - Supercheap Auto

I think mine is a supercheap one. I just took the boot mat out and used it as a template. Only disadvantage is it won't contain large spills of fluid.

Being rubber with a pattern it is semi non-slip.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Another option is to buy some interlock foam mats and cut to shape :link: Free Postage New 4 Tiles Grey Home Yoga Gym Fitness Interlock EVA Foam Floor Mat 6932583400738 | eBay ultra light and non slip  :) dragging stuff on it will probably rip it apart though.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Another option is to buy some interlock foam mats and cut to shape :link: Free Postage New 4 Tiles Grey Home Yoga Gym Fitness Interlock EVA Foam Floor Mat 6932583400738 | eBay ultra light and non slip  :) dragging stuff on it will probably rip it apart though.

That's actually a good idea Craig, but you can probably go one better by getting a big single piece of similar stuff from Bunnings by the metre.  :goodjob:

:link: Ideal 1m Black Flat Surface Rubber Matting Sheet | Bunnings Warehouse

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania

I think mine is a supercheap one. I just took the boot mat out and used it as a template. Only disadvantage is it won't contain large spills of fluid.

Brill Daz.
That's probably a better option than the genuine mat because with the low profile you don't lose access to the tie down points as you do with the Hyundai mat due to the depth of the sides.
Minor spills would still be contained by the ribbing.
  • 2018 PD2 i30 Elite 2.0 white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Brill Daz.
That's probably a better option than the genuine mat because with the low profile you don't lose access to the tie down points as you do with the Hyundai mat due to the depth of the sides.
Minor spills would still be contained by the ribbing.

It is definitely a supercheap one ($30 on special at the moment - although sale might have finished today)  I notice they have a black one now as well which might blend better. I notice mine is cut off to one side! I think it was because it was originally cut for my previous car (a commodore) and I had to modify it for the i30.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

That's actually a good idea Craig, but you can probably go one better by getting a big single piece of similar stuff from Bunnings by the metre.  :goodjob:

:link: Ideal 1m Black Flat Surface Rubber Matting Sheet | Bunnings Warehouse
Can get single piece in the foam mat as well, Bunnings don't have it though as I checked that out a couple of weeks ago when I got the yoga mat foam for the spare tyre, had to get from Clark Rubber.

Offline caprimulgus

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Cheers for the suggestions guys!

Hmm, I may have to scope out the cheaper option of cutting a universal mat down to size. I was keen on having the large lip, to protect against big spills (eg. big pot of soup in the back), but the trade off with access to the tie down points is a good point! Perhaps we’d be better off getting a smaller tray to contain liquids only when needed.

Or perhaps just a tarp that could be layed out when carrying liquids like that.

Will have a think. Thanks for the input everyone! :)
  • 2013 GD Elite Tourer CRDi, Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, Blue

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
I paid $88 for the genuine, and I have staff discount at SCA. Universal mats just don't look as good.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal