i30 Owners Club

2017 sr PD: has anyone tried to reroute the indicators to integrate with the DRL on non-premium mode

mshk99 · 2 · 1083

Offline mshk99

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
I am looking into the DRLs for the i30 PD right now. Keen to hear if anyone has tried to reroute the indicators to integrate with the DRL on non-premium models.

Only the premium models have the indicators integrated into the DRLs (they come with LED headlights). All other models comes with halogen projectors with the indicators in the same housing.

For the rear situation, only SR and premiums come with the LED clusters. None of them have LED indicators though. I have the SR and I tried changing them to LEDs, and you will need resistors to fix the hyperflasing.

Although I have seen a video of rear indicators on an i30N being swapped to LEDs with no signs of hyperflashing, so maybe premiums are also the same.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:41:21 by mshk99 »
  • MY17 i30 SR PD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Did we need another topic on the same subject you created elsewhere  :confused: :link: i30 PD DRL/Turn Signal

There's also recent topics on LED indicators that can installed that don't require resistors, like here :link: 2017 PD I30 Elite Flasher/Indicator location
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 12:23:23 by CraigB »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal