Author Topic: Cartronics TL-01, DM-01, AD-01, FS-02 & GD-03 v2.05.05 Firmware (Aug 28, 2018)  (Read 540 times)

• au Australia
    Queensland
Cartronics have just released new firmware for the TL-01, DM-01, AD-01, FS-02 and GD-03 head units dated August 28, 2018 containing Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, Bluetooth enhancements and bug fixes. The version numbers of the new firmware are:

SW Ver: 2.05.05
Micom: 3.28.00
Platform: 1.76.00

Installation instructions and firmware download links available here - http://www.cartronics.net.au/uploads/firmware_files/1535607070_Firmware (rtf, 2Kb)

UPDATE: You can read the full firmware change-log here  http://www.cartronics.net.au/uploads/documents/hyundai/35_1535939621_Firmware%20Solutions%20Gen%204%20Audio.pdf

Administrator Comment There is hidden content here which only members can see. Please Login or Register.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:01:47 by CraigB » »

• 2016 Hyundai i30

• au Australia
    Perth
  • 2013 i30 GDi SE 3dr, 1.6 Ltr Petrol, 6 Spd-M
Thanks, you're a champ :goodjob2: downloading it now at 324MB

All installed, works fine :) I've no idea what their bug fixes were as it seems the same, Apple Car Play music is still clicky but that's an Apple problem hopefully fixed in next months update :fingers:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:41:52 by CraigB » »

• Laughter is the best medicine. .
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
Excellent! Thanks @bagerlk

I'll sticky this post.  :goodjob:
  • MY18 PD SR & 2014 1.6 GDi Tourer (Prev had 2008  i30 CRDi & MY11 Petrol CW)

• au Australia
    Perth
Thanks for adding the upgrade/faults fixed summary bagerlk :goodjob:

• au Australia
    QLD
Thanks!

Installed this in a Santa Fe DM-01M.

It installed fine, but the clock resets after about an hour of not using it. It's driving the missus mad! Any ideas?

I tried resetting the settings and installing it again, no luck so far.
  • Santa Fe

• au Australia
    Perth
Thanks!

Installed this in a Santa Fe DM-01M.

It installed fine, but the clock resets after about an hour of not using it. It's driving the missus mad! Any ideas?

I tried resetting the settings and installing it again, no luck so far.
Works fine on the GD unit, did you check to make sure you have the complete version number and firmware? Did you initialise the system after installation?

• au Australia
    Victor Harbor South Australia
I also installed onto GD-03 unit in my i30. Also having clock and date resetting to 12.00AM and date to 1 July 2015 for no obvious reason, and very randomly.  With reference to the date, was the date on the previous software/firmware version? 
  • 2016 i30 ActiveX Auto Petrol with factory sunroof Polar White

• au Australia
    Perth
I also installed onto GD-03 unit in my i30. Also having clock and date resetting to 12.00AM and date to 1 July 2015 for no obvious reason, and very randomly.  With reference to the date, was the date on the previous software/firmware version?
Works perfectly fine on my GD-03 unit.

As I previously mentioned...did you check the software version and firmware version were correct? in the instructions it mentions you may need to run the update again if both parts were not upgraded.

Also make sure to initialise the system after the update and not just tap OK or else you have only part run the installation procedure.

• au Australia
    QLD
The download link in the RTF document appears broken now. Does anyone have a working link?

EDIT: Literally just bought my car today and thought it had the update already. Don't want to have to go back to the dealer for it to get updated  :wacko:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:27:14 by IJustKnowStuff » »
  • 2016 i30 Active, 5 Door Hatch, 1.8L Petrol, auto, Polar White

• au Australia
    Perth
Yep, appears the links were pulled down :(  If my internet were better I'd upload the file for you but it's impossible for me to do so with this ridiculously slow speed :disapp:

Hopefully one of the other members have it :undecided:

• au Australia
Well, I have re-installed as you suggested, and initialised  as mentioned, so will wait and see what happens. Thanks.

• au Australia
    QLD
Rakey was able to provide me with a copy of the firmware which I just installed on the GD-03 in my 2016 i30 Active Auto.

Here's a copy of the files I've uploaded to my dropbox: There is hidden content here which only members can see. Please Login or Register.
(EDIT: Mods, or OP, feel free to add this link in the first post of this thread. I won't be taking it down anytime soon by choice)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 00:20:07 by IJustKnowStuff » »
  • 2016 i30 Active, 5 Door Hatch, 1.8L Petrol, auto, Polar White

• au Australia
    Perth
Well, I have re-installed as you suggested, and initialised  as mentioned, so will wait and see what happens. Thanks.
Good job, thanks for providing the file to IJustKnowStuff  :goodjob:

• england England
    Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Thanks @rakey  & @IJustKnowStuff

I've also secured a copy in my google drive :goodjob: and updated the OP
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

• au Australia
Just a FYI regarding the unit resetting to 12AM and 1/7/2015 since the latest software update. I have been able to replicate why this is happening (to my unit anyway).

I hope this makes sense.

When I start my i30 and place it into reverse (auto trans) immediately, without the head unit having time to display the Hyundai logo, it resets to the above time and date.

• au Australia
    Perth
Just a FYI regarding the unit resetting to 12AM and 1/7/2015 since the latest software update. I have been able to replicate why this is happening (to my unit anyway).

I hope this makes sense.

When I start my i30 and place it into reverse (auto trans) immediately, without the head unit having time to display the Hyundai logo, it resets to the above time and date.
Strange I don’t see that problem :confused: though my system being an upgrade has the reverse feed wire disconnected, I wonder if this is why the file was taken down :undecided:

anything